♥A Promising Proposition {24}♥

{Your P.O.V.}

The bright white room around me caused me to squint my eyes to look at the furry principal standing on the table before me.

"I know you may still be bitter, but I'd appreciate it if you'd hear us out~!"  

His words reached me, and I looked up. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, we have a bit of a proposition for you. We realize that your crimes are severe and cannot be simply let off, but they can be lessened." he explained, and I perked up a bit at that.

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow, definitely perking up at the idea of less of a punishment.

"Allow me to explain! We've noted your increasing potential as a hero, as well as your natural kind heart even when you don't show that, and we were deeply saddened here at U.A. to discover you happened to be none other than Lady Toxic. However, we believe it would be a waste to have such talent go straight to prison for the rest of her days, so we're offering you your seat back at U.A. under some conditions!"

My eyes widened a little, and I glanced at him suspiciously. "What are your conditions..?"

In all honesty, I didn't know if I wanted to accept this proposition. I loved and cared for my comrades back at the League. They were like family to me. I couldn't just leave them behind the second I got a good opportunity. I didn't want to.

"Well, you would be under constant surveillance, of course, until we've learned to trust you once again. You will also have to wear a very small anklet, bracelet or have a tracker injected into you to ensure you can't be taken by the League once again, whichever option sounds most convenient for your day-to-day lifestyle. And finally, we will be having you do community service around the school during your free periods just until you can be taken off surveillance. Do these conditions sound agreeable to you?" Nezu finished, looking at me.

"Well.. I.." I muttered, looking away. The conditions were far from awful, far from worse than prison. But I still held my grudge against heroes and my love for my family.

"Take some time to consider our offer. I think you have an old friend waiting to speak with you.." Nezu said with a smile, hopping down from the table and walking out, just as a freckled-face walked in.

"Y/N..?"

I glanced up, and then immediately shot my gaze to the floor. "You, huh?"

"Y/N, you should really take the offer that Principal Nezu gave you.. it's way better than prison, for one." he giggled a little, but his smile quickly fell as he noticed the tears welling up.

"Why.." I whispered.

"Huh?"

"Why the hell did you all have to be so loving, and caring, and so disproving of all my imagery of heroes up until now? Why the hell did you have to make me question whether I want to be loyal to the League or join up with you?!" I shouted, tears now falling freely.

"I don't want to leave my family behind.. They cared for me for years, I can't just abandon them.."

".. I understand, Y/N.." Izuku spoke, walking to my side and gently rubbing my back as I sobbed. "They cared for you like family, and no matter what viewpoints we heroes have on them I know this will be a hard choice. But please.. everyone at U.A. wants the kind, cheerful, fun Y/N we had back.."

"..."

"We've all been talking and we understand how painful this must be for you, even Kacchan understands. So please consider both sides. We'd love to have you back, and we'd welcome you with open arms, and do whatever we could to help you get past your life of crime with them." He promised, wrapping his arms around me.

My sobs slowed, and stopped, and I blushed slightly as I felt him squeeze me in a hug. "I-Izu-kun.."

Suddenly, Midoriya turned bright red and jumped back, waving his arms around. "Aa-ah! Sorry! A-Anyways, p-please c-consider the offer, seeyalaterbye!!" he said, rushing out as quickly as possible.

I snickered, and it turned into giggles as I watched him rush out. I smiled softly as I looked at the cold metal table, knowing what my choice would ultimately be.

It would be hard for me to get over them.. but maybe someday I could convince them away from a life of crime, too. Deep down, I always knew what we did was wrong. I always knew there was a better way. But I wanted to stay with them because they were like family..

I realize now the crimes we committed weren't okay just because they were close to me. Hopefully, one day, I'll help the League of Villains see that!

{Time-Skip}

Luckily, my decision was well-planned.

U.A. was assigning their students to dorms after the recent villain attack to ensure that their students could be more safely monitored. I, of course, got my own dorm among these. Since I didn't have many belongings, or even a bed for that matter.. The school gave me an allowance to spend on the necessities for my room.

I set it up like a normal room, and even put in a microwave. Y'know, for my secret stash of cup noodles..

I also kept a small photo of my family back at the League that I always carried with me under my bed. They may not technically be on my side right now, but I knew I'd get them back to me. It was hard adjusting, though.. I missed them a whole lot.

After saving enough of the allowance, I smirked to myself, my eyes glinting. I had enough to fill my room to the brim with (favorite band/anime/etc.) posters and other fan-merch. It looked like a raging fangirl's room, but I could care less. As long as no one saw it..

Soon, I was ready to greet my classmates once again. I knew they probably wouldn't trust me for a while, I expected it. But it was good to be on the same ground with them again, as heroes in training together..

Walking out into the common room in some shorts and a t-shirt, I spotted all of my classmates sitting around. Izuku saw me and his eyes lit up as he walked over to me.

"Hey! Y/N!"

I turned a bit red as everyone stared at me, looking down. Surprisingly enough, Tsu was the second to greet me.

"Welcome back, Y/N-chan.. We hope you're here for real this time. It may take us a bit, but we promise to learn to trust you again."

My eyes welled up, and I wiped them with my arm. "T-Thanks, T-Tsu..!" I spoke, Izuku patting my back.

Even though Tsu was decently friendly, as well as Izuku, I could feel the distrusting gazes of my classmates. Bakugou wasn't in the room, but if he was, I bet he'd have the same look..

"E-Everyone.." I said quietly, and all attention was on me once again. "I know I can't make up for it with a simple apology, but I really am sorry.. and I hope I can earn all your trusts' back." I knew there wasn't much else to say, but I hoped that would be enough.

A few of them smiled, but no one said a word. I got up, smiling sadly at them, specifically Izuku.

"Well, I'll be in my room." I muttered, waving slightly before heading to my dorm. I laid down, feeling horrible. I missed my friends, and I wished I could just make it up to them now.

But I knew that wouldn't happen. I pulled out the picture of my villain companions and cried a little bit more, trying to stop myself. 

"Damn Y/N, you're really becoming a crybaby, huh?" I muttered, falling asleep with the picture in my hand.

{1292 words}

{Hey guys! I'm going to try and update this again before New Year's comes around hopefully, but for now, enjoy!}

-Luna