Chapter 36 - Giant Rock Men and a Fantastic Rescue

Clark helped Rumlow up and blood was now oozing from his forehead, down his face, and onto his shirt.

"You really need to hold something to that to stop the bleeding." Skye began looking around for something that might work.

"Sure. I will get right on that after we find that Viper lady and Joe and finish this." He looked at Professor Pym. "The only way they got out of here was through that side door they always came into the room from. We've never been that way, so once we go through the door, we have no idea what to expect. We also don't know how many people she might have brought with her." He had gone into full STRIKE leader mode, and Skye suspected that getting him to sit down and care for his head wasn't something that was going to happen easily.

Professor Pym thought for a moment. "Is there another way out?"

A voice from over by the cells responded. "You could go out the back." Bob sat up, rubbing his face. Rumlow had landed a few really good hits on him it appeared. Diana was on him quickly, grabbing him by the arms and pulling him up to his feet. "After seeing what that boy can do," he nodded his head in the direction of Clark, "I'd imagine getting out of the fenced area we kept you kids in would be easy for him. There's a boat, and at least two men that came with her on the boat."

"Yes, but then we'd be completely out in the open," Rumlow pointed out. "We've never seen the boat dock either, so we have no idea what to expect out there. You or Scott could go check it out, I guess."

"For now, I think we stay here. We'll have back up in minutes. I've let them know about the people that might be in the boat." Professor Pym grabbed Tom and yanked him up to his feet. "Let's get the weapons unloaded and secure these guys while we wait. We also need to do something about your head."

"I'm fine," Rumlow protested. "Head wounds always bleed more. Makes'em look worse than they are."

"Well you are bleeding all over the place and if you lose enough blood, you aren't going to be much help for getting out of here." Professor Pym countered.

Rumlow picked up Tom's gun. "You sure we want to unload these? We might need them."

Professor Pym stopped dragging Tom over to Clark's cell and turned back to Rumlow. "No matter how well trained you are, we are not going to have teenaged kids shooting people. Unload the weapons now."

He shrugged at Professor Pym, popped the magazine out, and unloaded the weapon. Skye followed suit with one of the guns that Bob and Joe had brought in, and Dick did the same with the third. "Three guns. Wherever Viper and Joe went, she's still armed with both of hers," Rumlow noted to the group.

Scott walked over with a wad of paper towels. "Best I could find for that cut." He handed them to Rumlow, who looked for a moment like he wasn't going to take them.

"Thanks, man," he said, finally taking them and holding them up to his head.

Skye went to sit with Anna Marie, who was just sitting on the floor quietly. She glanced behind her and for the first time saw the large puddle of blood that must have been where Jim landed when he was shot. She felt a knot in her stomach and made sure to keep her back to the area.

"Ah tried to warn her," she said quietly as Skye sat down beside her. Skye noted that there were no tears in her eyes anymore, and she looked somehow stronger.

"You did. She wouldn't listen. That isn't your fault. Besides, you were defending yourself, and probably saved the rest of us too."

"Ah'm guessing it's you that Ah have to thank for getting her offa me?" Anna Marie looked at Skye enquiringly.