Part 7

Oh my goodness we are at over 60 reads now! I am so happy about where this book is going and I will continue to add chapters whenever I can.

PS- I edited the last chapter pretty heavily a couple days before writing this. I combined too chapters, some stuff changed so just be aware. 

----------

I quickly stumbled over myself as I ran through the many winding hallways in the hospital. The strong stench of sanitizer and anesthetics overshadowed the toxic stench of blood. Every hallway looked the same, but occasional differences in paintings or wallpaper urged me that I wasn't going in circles, I was leading myself somewhere.

The scene played over and over again in my head. Everything was going so well, what changed? When we played together in the snow, I truly believed we would work perfectly. I was even so naive to believe we were the living proof that all the beautiful rumors of mates were true, that love was instantaneous and the emotional attraction was strong. But, I wasn't his type

Even though I didn't full out reject him, I could still tell the goodbye I exchanged with him meant worlds to our relationship. He checkmated him self, I didn't even lay a finger. He willingly sacrificed his queen

It must have been a good half an hour of roaming before I found a separate wing of the hospital. The wing wasn't for the purpose of treating patients, rather it was for offices and desks of the people who worked in the business side of hospitals. 

Only a few people scurried around the lobby area, everyone too preoccupied to acknowledge my presence. It made sense, no one knew I was Damien's mate. To the surrounding population, I was just a normal pack member. 

Doctors walked with purpose, they had files packed in their hands, examining each page as if it was a crucial piece of a puzzle. At least I knew the doctors were committed, that's the one good thing that is coming out of my time at the hospital.

Across the large room, a pair of staircases winded up to other floors. I rushed up the stairs early wanting to be alone, I needed time to understand and comprehend. Once I reached the top of the beautiful stairs a long hallway greeted me, large wooden doors on both walls. 

In a daze like state, I tripped over my own two feet. The room spun around me, but I heaved myself up. The area I passed was a blur as I kept running down and down the hallway. I randomly chose a door and entered the room. A large mahogany desk lay in the center of the room and a red push chair was positioned behind it. A coach was on the right side of the wall, it had several pillows nothing too extravagant though. 

I plopped on the coach and ran my fingers through my hair and across my face. Was this truly happening, everything was numb. I felt as if I was in a dream like state where everything appeared similar to the real world, but small discrepancies hinted it was just a fragment of my imagination. 

Suddenly, the door burst open and someone entered the room. I shot out of my seat, and frantically looked around the room trying to decipher who had entered. 

A large, attractive man entered the room. He was a few years older than I, but our age was nearly the same. He had messy blonde hair with honey colored eye's. He was tall, and obviously loomed over my small frame. He looked at me, his brows furrowed together in confusion. 

His pink lips parted slightly, indicated he was wondering what to say. 

"Who are you?" He decided on saying. His voice wasn't obnoxiously loud, rather it was assertive but kind. The complete opposite of Damien. 

"I'm Kadence, I didn't know this was your room I can leave" I trailed off awkwardly, and my gaze was glued to the wooden floors. I felt my cheeks heat up, boy was this embarrassing. I heard the man move closer to me, his large feat echoed against the floor. He stood directly in front of me, a few inches separated us.