Part 39

When I fluttered my eyes open, I was in the real world again. Kana stood over me, her long, dark hair flowing down her back and strands fell into my face. 

When she saw I was awake she cocked her head to the side curiously, as if she wasn't expecting me to come back exactly when I did. 

She helped me to my feet and I nearly stumbled forward embarrassingly. My legs felt weaker and so did my arms. When I looked up at Kana, she led me to the nearest plush couch that looked directly from the 80s. 

"Sit" She motioned me, understanding the process of retrieving lost powers and memories must be extremely draining physically. When I sat down, I closed my eyes trying to get some peace of mind, but in reality, it felt like my eyes were stilll open

I felt everything that surrounded me, from the small spider creeping up the right wall from the piece of hair that now began to fall from Kana's face. I smiled, knowing that some of my powers were restored. In all honest, I liked not seeing with my eyes and just through the sight, it made me feel more connected to the true scene around me, and in no way could I be deceived my petty appearances any more.

My brows furrowed as I felt something hot and thick trail down my arm... blood

When I shot my eyes opened and lifted my fore arm, I nearly screamed

In my arm the words "RICIN" Were carved into my flesh, the words were so deep that it tore the muscle under neither the skin and seemed almost to scrape the tops of my bones. My eyes shot up to look at Kana who stood curiously looking at me 

I could tell she didn't do it from the way she seemed, deep down, as shocked as I was. 

"Whats this" I questioned, my voice low and threatening. 

"The sacrifice you made" She responded simply, as if she had put it together long ago, and knew this would have happened as soon as I returned. 

Ricin? What was that suppose to mean, why was she my sacrifice that I made. The wound began to heal itself quickly, my black magic coursing through my veins, quickly healing the damage that was done. 

Suddenly, it clicked for me. An imbalance in the universe weighed deeply in my heart. Ricin was dead, she was the sacrifice I had made

The reason Ricin did not die like she intended the first time we spoke in her realm was because she was waiting for me to kill her so I could obtain my memories. I assume the face that I knew she would die mademy sub conscience give up her and her life. 

I felt horrible, my heart ached. I killed her, I killed the woman I admired in the academy, the person who protected me this entire time and watched over me. A hot tear trickled down my face causing Kana to look at me, her face tilted up as she silently judged me. 

I looked up at her, my eyes watering, "I killed her" I whimpered out.

"She wanted to die, she knew by telling you that she would be dead in two days you would subconsciously kill her. She knew what she was getting into." Kana stated simply

I shook my head, "she didn't have to die" I whispered against the air. My heart painfully contracted as I thought of her 

"You were a tool to her, she didn't actually care for you" Kana spat out, her eyes held silent, burning flames behind them as she peered down at me like a hawk 

I shook my head, "You know nothing of her!" I yelled at her, regretting everything I was doing. My entire body racked with sobs as I lay, helplessly on Kana's couch 

"She was going to kill herself. She did terrible things while you grew up, blissful without your memories. You know nothing of the person she was. She needed to die so she could live later, the guilt consumed her being and she saw you as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone" Kana yelled, her sweet voice from earlier turning stricter and more dangerous.