Part 54

I sat on a couch with Damien, one of my legs casually thrown over his. I coiled my body into his warm embrace, his arm crashing me into him. I could tell he was nervous without using any magic, anyone could.

I was able to conceal my jitters mush easier than he could, but non the less, I was still petrified at the thought of what was to come. 

My eyes were locked on his face, his olive skin, and high jawline, his plump pink lips, his emerald eyes that shone brightly. 

Sometimes I think of what it was like before, before having to deal with all the crazy and just being able to live a normal life with him. 

Normal was never in the equation though, and wishing for trivial things never got anyone anywhere. I made up in my mind to forget about the what if statements and just live in the moment, live with Damien. 

I slid my hand toward his and picked it up gently, he weaved our fingers together. His thumb casually and softly rubbed against the back of my hand, it was soothing and relaxing. I let my eyes droop slowly, letting the thoughts leave my head 

When Kana walked it, the aura of the room changed completely. I could tell where she was in the house at all times because of my sight, even though I tried to turn it off, in moments of high stress it really was out of my control to a certain extent. 

She carried large containers with mysterious substances, towels, and bandages. She didn't hold a knife or anything I could surgically use to cut Damien's hear out, it became obvious quickly I would have to do everything by hand. 

Damien's thumb faltered for a second, pausing his soothing circles, and then he continued a second later. He tried to cover up the fact he was scared out of his mind for me, but we could both tell how terrified he was. 

I laid my head against his arm, reassuring him that I was there for him 

"It will all be worth it," Damien said, more to himself than to anyone else in the room 

Temptation chuckled softly as he casually leaned against one of the large bookshelves in the back of the room. 

"Ready?" Kana spoke, breaking the deadly silence that lay between all of us

---- 

I stood over Damien who lay on the floor. Kana rolled out a huge ceremonial carpet that was used for bloody ceremonies, as a precautionary measure of good luck I guess. The intricate red patters portrayed Demons, Vampires, and Werewolves fighting, dancing, dying, living, loving and withering away in despair. A cycle of life of sorts. 

I studied the bright red carpet and black embroidery with passion, desperately trying to find some pattern in the mess of it all

Damien lay shirtless under me, his hands tied down by part of my 'soul' arch. I made sure that the compressed black magic was soft to the touch but also incredibly strong so if he tried to move around it was impossible, but didn't hurt him more than it needed to. 

I nodded, signaling the beginning of the ceremony. 

Temptation and Kana stood on opposite sides of the room, both of them held candles in their two hands. One was white representing the purity of life, the other was black representing the dark transition to life beyond. 

Temptation was eager to be able to share in part of the ritual, regardless of his intentions, I wasn't about to refuse any amount of help. 

Only the candle that was white was lit for both Kana and Temptation. Once I had successfully completed the ceremony, effectively killing Damien while keeping him alive as a demon, both candles would be lit. If something would go horribly wrong, only the black candle would remain