Part 31

IMPORTANT NOTE- I've been reading over the comments and people get annoyed with Kadence in this chapter, rightfully so! But, I've added some more explicit details on why she feels the way she does. Hopefully this can give you guys insight into how she feels as a character.

I didn't want to make Kadence perfect. I wanted her to have weakness so you all may see a little bit of your insecurities in her as well... mine are definitely included too. I get annoyed with books some times where the good guys always know what to do, because that isn't real. I know, this is a book about werewolfs with nothing realistic about it. But I didn't want my heroine to always be perfect, because being flawed is more than ok. And that is a truth that took me a long time to learn

Anyways thanks for the comments! They have helped me know what I need to add on like this stuff :)

--0--

The nurse had called me and informed me Noah was still getting better but he had a long recovery process before it would even be possible for him to wake up. They expected after another week of surveillance, content medication, and a variety of other services, Noah would wake up. 7 days, only 7 days.

It gave me relief to know he would get better, but I still was concerned, my instincts were still on high alert but Damien's presence alone was helping to ease my jittering nerves. Just being around him was beyond useful.

We  had arrived at the house, both of us were drenched with snow and we took an hour or so for both of us to shower and get clean... yes the showers were separate if you were wondering

Afterwords we ordered Chinese take out and had a nice dinner together, it was casual and nothing romantic but it still made butterfly's erupt in my stomach. Like I said before, just the casual moments with him reminded me that we could- no would- share a life together, an amazing and joyful life. 

We both were lounging on his couch watching a stupid television show while cuddling next to each other. It was an easy and carefree night, the sun was beginning to set in the distance but sparkling rays still peaked from the horizon creating a golden glow on the landscape outside.

My eyes were starting to flutter close and my responses to Damien's comments were getting less and less lengthy and interesting as I began to fall into a beautiful and deep sleep in my mates arms. An occasional boom and bang from the TV would wake me up but it felt so nice curled up in my mates warmth. His large arm was wrapped across my small waste and our bodies were pressed up against each other. I didn't mind feeling the amazing, rock hard torso of his against my back- that was a plus for sure

A loud, booming nock on the door interrupted me from my peaceful slumber. I pouted and furrowed my brows, the servants of the house were instructed to never open the door just in case, we weren't expecting visitors either but they must have been familiar to the guards or else they wouldn't get past the large gate. I felt this night was going to turn a little dramatic. 

Best scenario, it was a telemarketer who hopped the fence and escaped past the guards because they were super 'eggar' to sell egg whipping powder. Yes that happened before, and yes Damien nearly ripped his head off. 

Damien groaned from behind me and I swiveled my body to see his face before we both got up to greet whoever was at the door. His eyes were heavy, and just like me, he was starting to doze into a peaceful slumber but, of course, there was always something that awakened him

"I know babe" I whispered and I reached my hand out to delicately stroke the side of his exhausted face. I smiled slightly as he turned his head and grasped my small hand in his. He brought my palm to his lips and kissed my fingers lightly. I softly giggled at his actions and a faint blush came onto my cheeks. Damn my pale skin and nearly always red cheeks. My heart warmed and hope swelled in my stomach- his small kisses were so adorable my insides instantly warmed up.