Part 8

Hey, I still need your opinion on how you want the flashbacks to play out... But still, thanks for supporting me :)

--------------------------

Noah and I talked for hours, each of us catching up on the many year's we were separated. 

Even though finding Noah again helped ease my pain, it still hurt to think of Damien. The suffering was small, but it was still consistently hurting me. 

"What happened to you Peach, what really happened?" Noah gently asked me as he filled through paperwork. Even though he had work to do, he had found time to talk to me while still completing basic tasks. 

I greatly appreciated Noah, he always put me as a priority, but he expected a sense of complete amnesty and honesty in return. He was a genuine and nice character, we shared a sibling type of relationship which made me completely trust him with such matters.

"Damien is my mate," I begun. Noah sharply sucked in a breath. Automatically I could tell his weariness and protective nature. He knew Damien, after the academy he must have been assigned to this pack. I was unsure of why Noah reacted negatively to my mate and I, but I wouldn't question until later. He would eventually tell me of his reasoning. 

"I overheard him talking with a rouge who recently woke up here" I continued, wondering how I should frame the situation in the most impactful yet sincere way. 

"Ariel, yes I previously treated her." Noah said and nodded his head. He continued to scribble notes in an open file but he slightly pursed his lips informing he was listening. 

"Damien and Ariel were talking, I stood outside the door waiting for the conversation to end before I entered. Damien... he said I wasn't fit to be a Luna. He slammed my personality and then praised Ariel. I think they are- they are seeing each other." I finished, I hid my head in my hands. I didn't want to see Noah's disappointed eyes or angrily pursed lips. I didn't want to see his anger at my mate, his sympathy towards me. 

It was even more hurtful to think, to recite the situation that previously happened. The wound I felt was still open, still bleeding mercilessly as I struggled to gain my composure back. What would happen after today? Will Damien and Ariel have a relationship, would he reject me? I strongly believed that we could still work, sure we would be broken in some ways, but we were still made together. 

"Peaches, look at me" Noah murmured out softly. I looked up at him, his warm honey eye's were soft and caring 

"I don't- I don't know what to do Noah.... Should this be the end?" I sniffled out, my voice breaking several times throughout the sentence. The pain from the mate bond coursed through my veins, everything around me spinned from the deep suffering I felt 

Noah sat up from his swivel chair and sat besides me on the couch. He wrapped an arm around my small frame as hot tears formed in my eye's. 

"We both know the moon goddess, she wouldn't make this mistake with mates. I want you to listen to what I'm about to say: Come stay with me in my house for a while, think about what is happening and then you can make a discussion." Noah generously offered me 

I didn't know if I would be able to go anywhere else. I didn't know anyone in the pack besides the Beta and the receptionist of the hospital. Either choice didn't seem to promising considering the situation I was in. I nodded slightly, confirming my acceptance of his offer

Noah sighed in relief and a smile graced his lips as he looked at me. I smiled back at him, the pain still evident in my eye's.

"Talk to me, let out your sorrows. Tell me what is on your mind." Noah spoke, breaking the silence between us.