Chapter Three- Keeping Secrets

I walked past the gambling tables, decks of cards laying on almost all of them. I was holding a rose in my hand which I figured he would like...?

...I have no idea how relationships work. (Considering I've never been in one.)

Anyway, I was a bit early, which was probably the reason why he wasn't there yet.

I stopped  and leaned against a table to wait. I began nervously fiddling with the rose in my hand. I honestly didn't know what to expect from him. He's always been more of the some-what serious type.

It was surprising to see how nervous he was when he gave me the letter. Millions of thoughts were tumbling around in my head as I continued fiddling with the rose. "This dice-headed man threw me into hell, tossed me into the hands of the devil himself, worked along side the devil, and forced me into a job here... and I think I love him. Am I insane? Probably."

Suddenly, I heard the doors open. I turned around and smiled when I saw Dice.

He was wearing a black tux and was holding a bouquet of red and white roses in his hand. (My present was nothing compared to a giant bouquet of roses...)

Not wanting to embarrass myself, I tucked my wimpy little rose into my pocket.

"Hey Dice." I said, walking towards him.

"Hey... Cannikin! Thank you for meeting me here." Said Dice, handing me the bouquet of roses. I took them and held them in my arms.

"Thank you. That's so sweet..." I said. "So..." I paused, Not knowing what to say next. Awkward.

Dice swallowed and pulled at his collar. "Uh- well in case it wasn't obvious- What I said in my letter was... um..."

He paused. His cheeks had a soft, pink glow to them.

"So... In case it wasn't obvious... I..." He repeated, flustered.

Dice began to look more and more nervous with every second that passed by. He looked down with an ashamed look on his face.

I put the bouquet on the table behind me and stepped closer to Dice, placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me. I gave him a smile.

He smiled back. "God, he's cute." I thought.

Dice swallowed nervously, then continued. "As I said in my letter, It appears that I have developed... 'feelings' for you. I mean- well- I uh.." He cussed under his breath. He kept making attempts to continue speaking, but they all came out as "I..." and "Um" and occasionally "Uh".

Finally, when it started to get a bit annoying, I leaned close to him and spoke up. "Dice." I said, quietly.

"Yes?" He quickly replied.

I took a deep breath and moved my hand from his shoulder to his hand, and in a gentle yet serious tone, I looked at him and said, "You're an idiot."

Dice seemed to pull back a little bit. With a shocked expression, he opened his mouth to speak, but I lifted my hand to pause him. I continued, "...and I love you." It took a moment, but eventually, a gentle smile spread across Dice's face. Almost as if it was instinct, we both leaned into each other, and our lips met. I wrapped my arms over his shoulders and around his neck, and he held my waist. It felt as if everything around me no longer existed including all my worries and fears. It was just... us.

Just like I wanted it to be.

Later that night, when King Dice had left, it was a little hard for me to sleep. I was having mixed emotions of excitement and anxiety. Thoughts where flying through my head all at once, "What if The Devil finds out? What if everyone finds out? What side am I even on?

And what would my brothers think of me now?"

I don't know how much longer I can handle the stress.

But I have to keep this a secret.

Even from them.

It's for the best.