Chapter Eleven- One Hell of a Time

My hand was pushed back as the glowing blue bullet shot forward, nailing The Devil right between the eyes. He held his head and shouted in both pain and anger. He swung his hand across the stadium in attempts to grab me, but I backed up just before he could. I shot in his direction once more, the bullet flying into chest. The Devil continued summoning things all around me, which I shot at as well. For what seemed like an hour, there was nothing but shooting, dodging, ducking, and cursing. My knees and elbows had been scrapped up, and my head was cracking more and more by the second. Buried under the cackling and cursing I heard my brothers- "You got this Cannikin!" Shouted Mugman. "Beat em' up!" Shouted Cuphead.

Things began to heat up around me. Sweat ran down my face profusely. I started to feel a little nauseated, but I wouldn't let that stop me. More creatures began to appear on all sides of me. Giant purple beasts with tiny bat wings and beak-like noses, floating skulls that were tinted yellow and smaller blue bat like creatures that spun in cartwheels and scratched at my back and shoulders...

Nevertheless, I kept fighting, aiming for whatever part of The Devil I could hit. With every shot, he screeched in pain and added more monsters to the arena. As I was dodging, I occasionally stepped on white shards of glass that crunched under my feet. Part of me desperately wanted to feel my head and see the damage that had been caused. Or how much was left in my head. Or if my straw had fallen out. But I knew the slightest distraction could kill me. So I didn't stop.

Shooting, screaming, cursing, falling, bleeding, breaking, dodging and ducking, until-

KNOCKOUT!

Everything froze around me. The Devil had patches of missing fur all over his body and face. All the creatures around me had scuttled or flied away. Beads of sweat still ran down my face. I was breathing heavily, the taste of blood lingering on my tongue. The Devil seemed to be... shrinking? Yes, shrinking back down to his normal size, and falling onto the platform. He eventually stopped at this normal height, face-down on the floor, breathing slowly. I stepped up to him and stared down at his wounded body. He slowly lifted his head in pain- looking up at me with his yellow eyes and his dark red pupils.

"You... won." The Devil groaned, a shocked yet disappointed look on his face.

I nodded, still breathing heavily. "You know the deal." I managed to say though I was choking due to the pain in my throat. The Devil slowly and painfully stood up, legs shaking. He lifted his right arm up into the air slowly (as the left one seemed to be paralyzed completely) and the platform glided upward. I still was unable to comprehend what was happening, or what had happened. My adrenaline was still pumping and my heart was still racing.

We eventually reached the floor of the casino, the panel fitting back into the hole in the ground.

King Dice, who was waiting for the panel, sprinted up to me and hugged me tight. He was still shaking with fear. Dice held my head against his shoulder and softly cried in relief. I wrapped my arms around him, and over his shoulder, I could see Cuphead and Mugman with big grins on their faces.

"Thank you." Cuphead said to me, quietly. Mugman had tears of joy running down his cheeks. Behind me I heard The Devil and Mr. Wheezy whispering to each other.

"...they're gonna leave with each other." Mr. Wheezy spoke. "I can feel it."

"They won't." The Devil replied. "I'll make sure of it."

And that's the last thing I remember before it all went black.

(I feel like this chapter is really short... sorry if that's so!)