Chapter Six- Stupidly Drunk

"Half of the idiots in this Casino are drunk and its not even half past 7!" I angerly said to myself, as I scrubbed an unknown substance of one of the hundreds of plates I need to wash. Yes, even Dice was a bit... intoxicated. (Don't get mad at him, he got peer pressured). Everything was fine. Nobody has broken anything yet. They're just a little rowdy, that's all.

And then it happened. One of the tables, completely snapped in half. Someone had been forcefully thrown onto it in what started out as a small argument. I heard glass break and evil laughter. I swung open the kitchen door and into the main room. There he was, Dice, laying on the floor, the remains of the table and a few shards of glass laying around him. His tuxedo was torn and one of his shoes were missing. The other men stood around him, teasing him as he lay motionless on the tile floor. How did I feel about all this?

Furious, and I wasn't afraid to hide it. Not this time.

"Hey!!!" I barked, my voice echoing through the room. Everyone went quiet. "You idiots! Do you know how long this will take me to fix?!" I looked down at Dice. "and just look at what you did to him..."

Chips Bettigan, clearly drunk, sloppily walked towards me and swung his arm around me and rested it on my shoulder. "What is it? Do you looooooove him?" He said in a slow, lazy voice. The other men quietly laughed. I felt my face burn up in rage. I wanted to punch him, right in his big, stupid face.

"I do not love him!" I replied, angerly.

Mr. Wheezy, holding a shot glass in his hand, and a tad bit drunk himself, smirked and said, "Then why do you care so much if he gets a little beat up, huh?"

Chips laughed at the question. "Yeah, Cannikin!"  he howled. "After all, he's just a good-for-nothin' lackey!"

That's when I snapped. Everything got blurry, my head started to pound, I had never gotten so angry in my entire life. The liquid in my head had began to boil, but everyone else was too drunk to notice. Chips pulled me closer to him. "Why don't we-" (Hiccup.) "-ditch this place, huh toots? You could come home with me..."

I gritted my teeth. "I'm not..." I pulled up my sleeves. "allowed..." I looked at him. "...to leave!"

At that very moment, I swung my fist towards Chips' face, nailing him right in the nose. I heard something crack, he fell to the ground, and the entire room went silent. Everyone had stunned looks on their faces. The liquid in my head calmed down, and my teeth were no longer gritted together. My hand hurt, but honestly... it felt really good to punch someone!

I looked around the room, as I looked at everyone, they all stepped back as if I was going to hunt them down and stab them. Then Dice got up. Slowly, he opened his eyes. He moaned in pain as he sat up and rested his head in his hand.

"Oh, good. You're awake." I said.

"W-what...? What happened?" He replied in a hoarse voice.

Suddenly, Hopus Pocus blurted out something, but he said it so fast, it was almost impossible to understand. "Ithrewyouontoatable!!!" He said, slight pride in his voice.

It took a few seconds, but Dice was able to decode what he said. "You what!?" He barked. The color around Dice's eyes turned a bright emerald green. He was angry. Really angry. He jumped up, his fists tightly clenched. Stuff was about to go down, but I wasn't gonna let him get hurt again.

"Stop!" I yelled. Dice looked at me, and the green in his eyes immediately disappeared. He went into a more relaxed stance and lowered his voice. "Sorry, Cannikin... I-"

"Say no more." I said. I looked around at everyone in the room. "I hope you all will help me clean up this mess that you've caused." They all nodded.

"Good." I said.

I walked stepped over an unconscious Chips Bettigan and walked back into the kitchen.

That felt amazing.