Chapter 1 - FlashBack

Vote/Fan

Comment

Share

Follow

Enjoy!

Don't be a ghost reader!

Hold still right before we crash,

'Cause we both know how this ends

A clock ticks 'till it breaks your glass

And I drown in you again

I turned to hit snooze on my alarm but with no avail, I got up to get ready for school. With my drowsiness, I hit my bedroom wall.

"Shit," I muttered.

I did all my necessary stuff and skipped downstairs to find out my mother already left.

Left early and won't be back til late tonight, so don't wait for me. Love you and stay safe. -Mom

I should be used to this by now. She has been a workaholic since my dad died, but as she says the bills have to get paid. It stills hurts when I think about the day my dad died.

Flashback

"Dinner was good mommy," said little me. Then the phone ringed and my mommy went to answer it.

"Hello," she answered. "Yes this is the Smith residence. A few seconds of silence went by so I guessed the person was talking. All of a sudden she started sobbing. "Okay, thank you," She whispered and hung up.

"What's wrong mommy?" I asked. I wasn't expecting what she was about to tell me.

"Daddy isn't coming home anymore, honey," She says. "He found a new home up there," as she pointed up.

"Daddy isn't coming home?" I questioned, completely oblivious to what she actually meant.

"No, sweetie," Mommy replies.

"He doesn't like us anymore, mommy?"

"Oh Baby, he loves us!" She exclaims. "But someone was driving like a lunatic and hit daddy's car."

"Mommy, I'm going to bed, I don't feel good." I wasn't lying I truly didn't.

"Okay, goodnight." And with that I went to bed. I cried all night. It's like I fell in a deep hole and no one could get me out.

Flashback Ends

I was 7 then and now I'm 16 but I still remember it like it was yesterday. I looked at the clock and noticed I had 5 minutes to get to school. How long was I daydreaming. I locked the door and ran to school since I didn't have a car. My mom insisted on it but I refused cause I needed as much exercise as I can get. I got to school and remembered I had to go to the office to get my schedule.

"Let's get this day over with," I muttered.

*******

Not Edited.

Song of the day: Clarity - Zedd ft. Foxes