Chapter 9 - He's Not Bad

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Enjoy!

Let me know where to go and I'll get you there

Tell the truth and I'll show you how to dare

Flash lights held tight we could own this town

Never say goodbye

*****

Talia's POV

After Jason's and I's encounter earlier, we really haven't talked. Every time I look at him, he's smirking. Annoying prick.

"Babygirl!" he shouted from downstairs, "Come here for a minute!"

Yes, your majesty.

I climbed down the the stairs and just stood in the living room doorway. I waited until he patted his lap. I hesitated before I straddled him. He started rubbing smoothing circles in my back.

"I'm going to go on a mission, tomorrow and I'll be gone most of the day." he said. I tried to hide the sadness in my face. Even if I was mad at Jason, I was going to miss him. I'm sure Jason saw the sadness in my face because he frowned.

"Hey, don't be sad," he cooed, "I'll be back before you know it."

"Really?" I asked in a baby voice.

"Really, now let's spend the day together to make up for tomorrow." he offered and kissed my cheek.

"Okay." I stayed in the same position causing him to chuckle and stood up with me as if I was a toddler. I just kept my head on his shoulder the whole way to the kitchen.

"Babygirl, I'm going to have to put you down so I can make the popcorn and get the snacks."

I sighed. "Okay."

He put me down on the kitchen counter and started getting out the snacks. I sat there watching his muscles flex. I didn't know Jason even turned around until I heard him laughing. I blushed and lowered my head and looked at the floor. Jason walked in front of me and lifted my chin to look him in the eye.

"Don't be embarrassed, this body is all yours," he winked. I just blushed harder. He chuckled.

"How about that movie?" he asked. I just nodded and lifted my arms like a baby.

"I can't carry you and the snacks at the same time."

"Oh," I pouted, "a piggyback ride?" I propose.

"Okay." he turned and bent down so I can get on his back. He carried me across the room as if I was a feather.

He laid down on couch and I laid in front of him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. We ended watching The Notebook, but I was barely paying attention. I was playing with Jason's finger deep in thought.

What if Jason doesn't come back? What if I never see him again? Will I be able to go home?

Quit thinking negative, Talia.

"Jason?" I whisper.

"Hmm?"

"Is their a chance you won't come back from a mission?" I ask. This seems to grab his attention because he sat up and pulled me in his lap.

"Honestly, yes princess," he says being completely honest, "But don't worry your pretty little heart about it, okay?"

"But I can't help but worry about you."

"It's nice to know you care about me baby, but know I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe." He says and pecks my lips. I smiled sadly.

"Let's get to the movie, yeah?" he requests.

I nodded and laid back down and him following behind me. We've been watching movies all day and with Jason rubbing smoothing circles on my stomach, I fall into a dreamless sleep.

******

Isn't Jason just the sweetest? This is just a little filler before the mission.

Song of the day: Kiss Me Kiss Me - 5 Seconds Of Summer

Hope you like it.

367 reads

21 votes

1 comment

Until next time..