Phone number

(A.N. Didn't see this story coming. Unless you're Kari_Carl I told Kari. Hehehehe. *cough*)

John P.O.V.

"Wake up, you're going to be late" I hear my mom saying as she shook my arm in attempt to wake me.

"I'm up I'm up" I reply, sitting up and yawning.

"Please don't be late on your first day" my mom pleaded, I nodded in response. She threw some clothes at me and I ran to the bathroom to get dressed. I changed into a green hoodie and black jeans.

"Where are my sneakers?" I asked my mom as I choked down a granola bar.

"Their by the door where they're suppose to be" my mom responded.

"Thanks!" I shouted. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my phone, as quick as I could I ran upstairs grabbed my backpack then ran outside to catch the bus. Lucky for me I was just on time. I sat near the front.

It wasn't the first day of school, high school actually started last month, but I recently moved into the area so I had to transfer schools. The point is, I don't know any of the kids at this school and I'm gay. If one person found out I was gay I'd be even more of a target, I'm already one since I'm the new kid but imagine being new and everyone figuring out one of your biggest secrets.

When we got to school I got off the bus and followed the other kids inside. It wasn't that hard to find my locker but opening it was, those locks are so flipping complicated. As I closed my locker some kid, who was a lot taller and stronger than me, came over and pinned me to my locker. Great. First day and I'm already going to get beat up.

"You new here, Freckles" He asked. I blushed a bit by the nickname I had already received, honestly, it could have been worse. The stranger who had me pinned against the locker was quite tall, he had long straight brown hair that was tied back in a ponytail.

"Y-yeah" I said, still pinned firmly against the locker threateningly. A girl with brown curly hair and a yellow dress tapped the guy on the shoulder.

"Come on Alexander, you can't harass every new kid" she said. I glanced at her and notice her wink at me, it makes me uncomfortable, and that's coming from the kid pinned against a locker.

"I can do whatever I want" he snapped.

"You're only bothering him because you like him" the girl teased him. I blushed. Alexander turned around and pushed the girl back. As soon as he let go of my hoodie I ran to the bathroom. I hid in a stall and tears rolled down my cheeks, I was scared and I had just got to school.

I hear two guys come in the bathroom. One guy has a french accent and the other has a very deep voice. They heard me crying.

"Hey, are you alright?" I hear a french accent ask as they knocked on the stall door. I open the door and the tall Frenchman hugs me. I'm a bit taken by surprise so I don't really react.

He pulled away from the awkward hug and looked at me
"What happened?" He asked.
"I think his name was Alexander," I shrugged "he just came over and pinned me to my locker"
The Frenchman nodded and glanced at the shorter guy next to him. They were both taller than me.

"We gotta go" the Frenchman said as they both turned and left. I pulled my backpack over my shoulders and headed to class.

In my next class I sat by Alex. Fantastic. I'm just bursting with joy. Hooray. Awesome. Wow. (Anyone catch that? Hehe)

I sit next to him but he doesn't look up from his book, he now has glasses on too.
"Hi" I manage to say despite the fear I had
"Hey" he said not looking up from his book, I don't really think he even knew who he was talking to. It was best to keep it that way. At least if I did I wouldn't get punched. He looked up from his book and saw me.

"No. Not sitting by you" He said in a rather harsh tone. He got up and went over to the teacher. The thing about Alex is, he's the best student in the school and all the teachers love him so he gets whatever he wants. I felt tears cloud my vision as he switched seats with James Madison.

What was wrong with me? Why did everyone seem to hate me? What did I ever do to them? Why can't they be nice? I had so many questions.

Instead of paying attention I drew pictures of turtles. Math was my worst subject so what's the point in trying when I know I'm going to fail.

I felt paper hit the back of my head. I turned around and saw Alex and some of his friends laughing behind me. I picked up the piece of paper and noticing writing on it. I got up and threw away the piece of paper, I didn't read it, I knew if I did I would most likely cry. As I went back to my seat I noticed Alex looked disappointed for some reason.

The bell rang and I practically ran out of the classroom. I was the first out of the classroom so I took this to my advantage and ran to my locker. When I opened it a piece of paper fell out. I picked it up and read it, on the paper there was a phone number and a note that said: -secret admirer. Wow. How original. Well at least I know someone doesn't hate my guts.

"Watch it" Alex said as he walked by and pushed me into the locker. I hit my shoulder hard against the locker next to mine.

"Hey!" I almost shouted as he continued to walk away. He turned around and faced me.
"Excuse me?" He said irritated- or at least he was trying to sound irritated.
"What did I ever do to you?" I kind of snapped. He rolled his eyes and turned around to walk away again.

"Excuse me, I'm talking to you. Are you deaf?" I said annoyed. He walked over and pinned me to the locker. Suddenly I was really scared. Why couldn't I just let it slide? Why couldn't I just leave him alone?

"What did you say about me?" He asked. I didn't speak.
"Excuse me I'm talking to you, are you deaf?" He snapped. I felt bad for what I'd said and now I realized how rude it was.
"I-I" i stuttered but he cut me off.
"English not gibberish" he said rolling his eyes.
"I-I'm s-sorry" I stuttered. And with that he let go of me and walked away. People stared at me and whispered things that they thought I couldn't hear.

I had a free period so I just did whatever. I sat in the library and played games on my phone. Remembering someone gave me there number I pulled the piece of paper out of my pocket.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John: hey
Unknown: Heyyyy
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't help but laugh at the text they sent.
"Shhhh!" The librarian hushed me.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John: lol
Unknown: I didn't think you'd text me
John: everyone hates me, it's better to have a friend you don't know rather than none at all
Unknown: not everyone hates you. Someone likes you.
John: who?
Unknown: uh-....idk.
John: huh.
Unknown: gotta get to class. Bye~
John: bye...
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was confused. Who would be nice to me?

The Frenchmen I met earlier walked by me, he glanced at my phone and looked a bit shocked.
"I thought Alex hated you" he said. That statement hurt even though I already knew it was true.
"Huh?" I mumbled in confusion.
"I just thought Alex hated you, but you have his number" He explained.
"This is Alex's phone number?" I asked, shocked.
"Yeah" he said taking out his phone and showing me.
"Like, Alexander Hamilton? That Alex?" I asked
"Yes that Alex" he said rolling his eyes.

Oh. My. God.