Where's Alex?

Shout out to _I_was_here_ they're really supportive of my story and stuff and ahhhhhh they even added this to a reading list called 'I LOVE IT' Thank you so much!!))

John P.O.V.

I woke up next to Alex. He was still asleep. I don't really live here so I didn't know what to do. I laid there and tried to go back to sleep.

"Morning" Alex said and kissed my forehead
"Morning" I said blushing
"My cousin helped me get the flowers for you- cuz you know- everybody's got a cousin who can hook them up with something" he said making me laugh. (Anyone catch that? I'll follow you if you did. Jk but seriously- you're awesome)

"You're hilarious" I said
"I'm glad you think so" he said smiling
"What am I gonna do about Lafayette?" I asked suddenly worried
"If he hurts you I will go to school and brake his nose" he threatened
"But you're suspended" I pointed out
"Your point?"
"........" I was silent. Was he really willing to brake his nose if he hurt me? Well, Lafayette has already hurt me so..guess not.

"I'm sorry- did I make you uncomfortable?" He asked
"A little" I admitted "-it's ok, you were only trying to help. I don't see how braking someone's nose helps but I know you meant well...kinda" he laughed as I ranted about why he shouldn't brake Lafayette's nose.

"I'll make breakfast" he said. I nodded and followed him downstairs.

Washington was already downstairs when we got there.

"Pancakes?" He asked. Alex shrugged and I didn't respond at all. Despite us barely answering he made us pancakes anyway.

"Wanna watch tv?" Alex asked. I nodded. I didn't really care for tv but I felt awkward and like I was intruding, I just wanted to stay out of everyone's way. Alex turned the tv on and started going threw channels and asking me what I wanted to watch to which I responded, "I don't care what we watch" Flipping threw channels he passed one about turtles.

"STOP! THAT ONE! TAKE IT BACK!" I said as he continued to flip threw channels.
"Which one?" He asked.
"The one about turtles!!" I said smiling. He took it back until it was on the turtle channel.
"Thanks" I said watching tv. I don't watch tv much, but when I do it's about turtles.

~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~

It felt like I couldn't go five minutes without a crowd of people questioning me about Alex and saying things like "is he ok?" and "I heard he punched Lafayette, is it true?"

I ended up having to literally run to my classroom. Legit sprinting down the hallway. I was like, 'Sonic the hedgehog who?' Actually I have asthma and needed to use my inhaler but...still. I was fast, at least Peggy said I was.

Alex kept texting me in class and asking me a bunch of questions. The whole day I felt like I was being interrogated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex: how's your day?
Alex: has Lafayette been bothering you?
Alex: are you ok?
Alex: I'll brake his nose if he bothers you.
John: I'm fine.
Alex: ok. Good.
John: stop texting me or I'll get in trouble
Alex: but I miss you
John: but I don't want my phone taken away
Alex: can't you just skip class or something?
John: skip class?!?! Are you crazy?!
Alex: you're so innocent
John: shut up.
Alex: ok.
John: wait don't block me!
Alex: I wasn't going to...
John: you're unpredictable.
Alex: hehe

10 minutes later

Alex: John?
Alex: Turtle boi?
Alex: babe?
John: I got caught.
Alex: Oh
John: I'll text you later
Alex: awwwwwww but I'll miss youuu
John: you'll live
Alex: harsh.
John: says the one who pinned me to a locker multiple times.
Alex: ........
John: whatever. I don't want to get in trouble any more than I already have. Bye.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eliza passed me a note that said: Is Alex ok? Where is he? Did he really punch Lafayette?

Having a popular boyfriend sucks, especially when you aren't popular. It feels like people will only talk to me if something is wrong with Alex. It's always about Alex. It feels like the whole school revolves around Alex sometimes.

The bell rings and I go to my locker. I see a note taped to it. I opened and read it: Meet me in the field, I have a surprise for you!

Did Alex write that? How did he even put it in my locker when he's not aloud at school? Doesn't matter, I'm going to see Alex. I ran to the field and I only needed to use my inhaler once. When I got there I was confused. I saw someone holding flowers but they had half there head shaved and short black hair on the other side of there head.

"Hey John!" He said smiling. How does he know my name but I don't know his?
"Um...hey?" I said nervously.
"I'm Charles Lee" he said handing me the flowers. I looked at the flowers but didn't take them.
"I'm sorry Charles but I have a boyfriend" I said looking away.
"I don't like your boyfriend. He doesn't treat you right. You deserve better" he said
"Excuse me?" I said getting a little mad
"Just saying" he said innocently.
"Don't talk about my boyfriend like that." I said firmly
"Why not? He does it to you all the time"
"No he doesn't! He stopped!"
"When he comes back, follow me and I'll prove it to you" he insisted
"Fine. But I know he won't say anything" I said before walking away.

I started to worry. What if Alex was still talking about me? Whatever he comes back to school tomorrow. I'll find out then.

~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~

It was the next day and I was supposed to meet Charles outside the locker room. I went there and saw Charles.

"Listen, he's talking about you" Charles said. I stood by the door and heard Alex's voice. He was calling me a bunch of names. I started to tear up but when I turned around I saw Alex talking to Herc by Herc's locker. I looked threw the door and saw a recording of Alex saying a bunch of rude things about me.

"You lied to me." I said
"So what if I did, he still used to talk about you." Charles pointed out. I ignored him and went over to Alex.

"Hey" I said kind of interrupting his conversation.
"Hey" he said back smiling.
"See ya in class" Herc said to Alex before walking away.
"I'm sorry did I interrupt?"
"No it's fine" he said still smiling.

I told Alex what Charles did. He was angry.

"Did you believe him?"
"I didn't but he kept bothering me so I listened"
"You're simply too nice."
"Well I don't want to be mean."

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. Lafayette walked by and shoved me into the locker.

"Hey!" Alex snapped
"Alex don't" I said quietly "please"
"Yes?" Lafayette asked turning to face Alex
"Leave him the hell alone" he said firmly
"Whatever you say" he muttered rolling his eyes before he walked away

"He's going to hurt me even worse now."
"No he won't. I'll protect you."

I smiled and hugged Alex. He hugged me back.