Surprise

John P.O.V.

Washington handed me a box. I thanked him before opening it. Washington and Alex insisted I open my presents first. Washington had gotten me a new sketchbook.
"Thanks!" I said. The sketchbook had a plain white cover and I planned on painting it. Alex handed me three things.

"You didn't have to get me all of these" I said
"But I did" he responded. I laughed a bit and opened the first one. It was a turtle bracelet. It was the BEST present in the world.
"I love it!!!" I said hugging him. He chuckled "ok open the rest"

I nodded and opened the second one. It was a set of water color paints. Something that I had been talking about nonstop for the past month. I thanked him before opening the last one. It was empty.

"It's empty..?" I was so confused
"Well I couldn't exactly wrap this present..but," he started "I found a family to adopt you!"

I was in shock. I started tearing up.
"John..?" He mumbled a bit worried that he had done something wrong. I hugged him "thank you so much" I mumbled. He hugged me back.

"Ok now open my presents!!" I urged as I handed him two things. He opened the first one. It was a new notebook. He smiled and thanked me then opened the next one. It was a stuffed lion.
"Thanks" He said kissing my cheek
"It's not as good as your presents." I admitted
"I love it" he said hugging the stuffed lion

Alex handed Washington a box. I felt bad because I didn't get him anything. But to be fair he didn't get me anything so I guess it's even. I don't know. I still feel bad.

"Thanks" Washington said to Alex as he smiled. Alex had gotten him a tie. How original.

Someone knocked on the door. Me and Alex both stood up.
"I'll get it shorty" I teased. Alex rolled his eyes as I answered the door. It was Francis holding up a piece of mistletoe

"Miss me?" He asked smiling
"I'm not kissing you." I said
"Come on. Have a little Christmas spirit" he said smirking. He leaned in for a kiss and I smacked him. Alex came over to see what was wrong. He saw Francis and tensed up a bit. Francis was mad. He pushed me back. I stumbled back but was able to keep my balance. Alex punched him in the face. Classic Alex. Francis had a hand over his mouth. He looked like he was in a lot of pain.

"Alex!" I said grabbing his arm "you're going to hurt him!"
"That's kinda the point of punching someone" he said as he slammed the door. Washington gave a concerned look from across the room.

"Alex." I said firmly
"John" he said holding my hand
"Why can't I be mad at you?" I asked
"Because you looooove me~" he teased
"Most of the time" I said shrugging a bit
"What?" He asked. I laughed.
"I'm just teasing. I love you" I said kissing his nose. He smiled.

"Everything alright?" Washington asked. I nodded.

Eliza P.O.V. (OoOOoh new P.O.V.)

"Come on Peggy!! It can't be that heavy" I said as me and Angelica stopped to wait on Peggy. She was still coming down the stairs.
"Believe me. It is." She tried to convince me. Angelica shook her head and went to help Peggy. They put the Christmas presents in the car and Angelica drove to Alex's house. We were kinda rich so we always made sure to go all out. Not like showing off- we just liked to give a lot and donate. Stuff like that. We aren't bitches.

We got to Alex's house and Angelica knocked on the door. Washington answered and told us Alex and John were in Alex's room and that we could go right up there. Me and Peggy set some presents beside the door before going upstairs. Peggy knocked on the door to his room but no one answered. I heard John say something but still no one answered he door. Angelica crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the ground impatiently.

Peggy knocked again and when no one answered she just opened the door. Alex and John were making out. Hmph.

Angelica rolled her eyes and Peggy squealed. I looked down. I dated Alex last year and we were still dating this year- that was until John came. I'm nice to John and everything but I HATE him. As soon as he came Alex broke up with me. He came up with every excuse he could but I knew he liked John. He teased him and made fun of him all the time. That's what he did to me when he liked me.

It's not fair. What does John have that I don't? It's clearly not looks. Geez, his freckles look like someone threw dirt on his face. And his hair- seriously. Too curly. That all I have to say.

"S-sorry" Alex stutters as he got off of John. Peggy squealed.
"I KNEW IT" She said jumping up and down. Angelica rolled her eyes again. I sill looked down. I guess it could've been worse. At least they had there clothes on.

"We got you Christmas presents!!" Peggy said cheerfully

Another short chapter cause my lazy ass is busy planning a fake wedding))