A new home

Bet you're confused about the title.

Just read chald.

Just read.

John P.O.V.

I sat beside Alex in class. I stared at the clock awaiting dismissal. I turned my head to the teachers desk as the phone on his desk starting ringing.

"Hello?" The teacher answered "sure I'll send him down" the teacher added after a few seconds. He looked at me and pointed at the door. I gave him a quizzical look.
"Office" he explained shortly. I nodded vaguely and stood up. Alex gave me a worried glance before looking back at his book. I've never been pulled out of class before. It kinda freaked me out
ITS FREAKY FRIDAYATAYYAAY

Sorry that came to mind when I said Freaked))

I walked to the office slowly. I was still scared. It's never good when you get sent to the office. Never. I sat in a chair near the door to the office. The principle called me so I got up and went in. It's already not good to be sent to the office but to have to talk to the principle. That's worse.

"Have a seat" she said. I nodded and did as I was told.
"Unfortunately," she started. Could this get any worse?

"Your mother has passed away" she finished. I guess it can get worse.
"Washington has agreed to take care of you until someone adopts you" she said. Great so now I'm in foster care. Who's going to adopt a teenager?? Especially one graduating in a year. On the bright side I get to stay with Alex.

Since it was the end of the day the principle didn't make me go to my last class. I just stayed in the office doing homework. The bell rang and everyone was outside getting on a bus or waiting for their parents to pick them up. Washington came by the office. He drove me to his house. Alex showed me a guest room that I'd be staying in.

I closed the door and locked it. I sat on my bed doing homework and listening to Don't stop believing by Journey. It's my favorite song. This is what I get for watching glee. Well I can't watch it anymore. Alex doesn't have Netflix.

I paused the music when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and opened the door. It was Washington.

"I made diner" he said
"I'm not hungry" I replied shortly
"John, you have to eat." Washington insisted
"No I don't." I said closing the door again. Washington sighed and walked away. I continued to listen to music. I had finished my homework so I decided to draw. I was drawing a picture of a turtle. What did you expect?

Another knock at the door. "I'm not eating!" I called.
"Please eat" I heard Alex say
"No." I replied
"At least unlock the door"
"No."
"John please" He begged. No was my only answer.
"Fine." He mumbled before leaving. Finally. Peace and quiet. I continued to draw and eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to a loud knocking on the door.
"John wake up! We're going to be late for school" Alex shouted. I stumbled out of bed and got dressed quickly. I unlocked the door. Alex was standing there waiting on me.

"We missed the bus." He said sounding frustrated
"Can't Washington drive us...?" I suggested
"Washington is a teacher there so he leaves earlier than us. He left an hour ago." Alex sighed
"Oh..." I mumbled

We had no way of getting to school. Great. And we're too far to walk. Awesome. Wow.

Alex worked on essays and stuff all day. I think he's mad at me but he won't say for sure if he is or not. Well, he can't stay mad that long. Christmas is in two days!!

I knocked on Alex's door.
"I'm busy." He called
"Are you mad at me?" I asked. I had been asking this question all day and he still wouldn't answer me.
"Alex are you mad at me?" I repeated
"Can you stop asking that" he kind of snapped
"Sorry" I mumbled before going back to my room. I worked on a little bit of homework I had had trouble with the night before. I still didn't get it so I knocked on Alex's door. I needed help.

"Alex," I mumbled
"What?"
"I need help" I told him
"With what?"
"Math homework"

Alex got up and opened the door. I smiled.
"Which problem?" He asked
"Problem three" I said handing him the paper. He looked at the problem.
"Easy," he mumbled as he explained the problem.
"Oh.." I mumbled
"Anything else?" He asked
"Nope." I said. I started to go back to my room but Alex grabbed my hand.
"You owe me for helping you" He said. I kissed his cheek.
"Happy?" I teased. He frowned. I picked him on the lips.
"Ok go do homework" he chuckled. I went back to 'my room'.

The next day we were on Christmas break. Alex and I were Christmas shopping for our friends- well...the Schuyler sisters and his friends. I rested my arm on Alex's shoulder. I had been getting a lot taller and Alex hated it. I was almost taller than him. He pushed me off playfully "I get it! You're tall!" He laughed. I smiled.

"You're so short" I teased
"Hey! I'm still a little bit taller than you!" He pointed out
"Key words: a little bit" I said nudging him. He rolled his eyes.
"I hate you." he grumbled
"Aww love ya too" I said kissing his cheek
"That's not what I said!" He chuckled
"That's what you were thinking" I said resting my arm on his shoulder again.
"Stop" he whined as he pushed my arm of his shoulder. I laughed and put a reindeer headband on him.
"Seriously."
"What?? You look cute." I said defensively. He held up a piece of mistletoe. I held a stuffed bear in front of him.
"Come on!" He laughed
"You have to kiss the bear! You're the one that held up the mistletoe!" I laughed. He kissed the bear on the nose.

"Happy?" He asked throwing the bear on a shelf
"You cheated on me!" I said dramatically
"You held up the bear!" He pointed out. I giggled. He hugged me tightly.

"Now that you can't go anywhere-" he started as he held up the piece of mistletoe again. I rolled my eyes playfully and kissed him softly. He kissed back for a second before I pulled away.

"There. Now let me go." I said stubbornly
"Hey, I'm supposed to be the stubborn one" he chuckled as he let me go. I only rolled my eyes again.

"John Laurens??" I heard a very familiar voice say from behind me.

Cliffhanger mwahahahahaha))