Freak

John P.O.V.

"I care about you but I don't want to break up with Charles" I said. I felt bad now. Charles wasn't even that nice. Alex didn't say anything.

"I think I'm just going to go home..." I said. He didn't try and stop me. He went upstairs to his room. I left.

Let me tell you how this all happened. He begged me to go to a party so I did. He got drunk and starting yelling at me. He was mad. He kept saying I was using him to be popular and that I didn't care. I told him it wasn't true and that I loved him and he slapped me.

My sister helped me hide it from my mom with makeup. Now I owe her ten dollars.

---------------

"You did what?" Charles snapped
"But then I said I didn't want to break up with you" I added. Someone told Charles about yesterday and he was mad.
"I don't care if you said that! You shouldn't have been there in the first place!" Charles retorted
"I can go where I want" I said crossing my arms
"Well then go date Alex because I'm breaking up with you" He said walking away
"I will. He loves me. He actually cares about me." I mumbled despite the fact that he was walking away and wouldn't hear.

I went to Alex. I was about to say something when Lafayette approached him. I decided to wait before talking to Alex. I didn't want to get shoved into a locker by Lafayette again.

Lafayette walked over to Alex and kissed him. He kissed him. He kissed my boyfriend. My boyfriend. I was upset but I felt like I couldn't move. I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I wanted to go home. I wanted to be anywhere but here.

Alex walked to class with Lafayette. He sat at lunch with him. He was everywhere with him.

People kept coming up to me and telling me they were a couple. I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want it to be true. I wanted it to stop. I want to go home.

They passed notes in class. Alex didn't even try and hide them. It almost felt like he wanted me to read them. So I did.

'Want to come over after school?'
-Alex

'Yeah'
-Laf

He used to ask me that. He used to pass me notes. What if I wrote him a note? It's worth a shot.

'I want to get back together. I miss you'
-John

He got my note. He actually read it. He's writing something. He's writing something.

'No.'
-Alex

I wanted to run out of the classroom. I couldn't focus. I kept reading his notes with Lafayette.

'He's not coming, is he?'
-Laf

'No.'
-Alex

'Promise me you won't leave me for him'
-Laf

'You forgot a period.'
-Alex

'Promise me'
-Laf

'You forgot another period.'
-Alex

The bell rang. I was the first out of the classroom. I ran to the bathroom and hid in a stall. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I want my boyfriend back.

I heard Alex come in the bathroom.

"John the teacher wants you in class. I know you always hide in here." He said. I refused to come out. I don't want to see him. Lafayette's probably there. I can't do it. I want to go home. I'm going to be sick.

"John I'm not an idiot. (When I was proofreading I read it 'John I'm an idiot' and I was so confused) I know you're in here. Come to class or we both get in trouble." He said getting annoyed.
"I'll come to class when you and Lafayette aren't in the class" I said.
"John." He said firmly. I didn't come out. I can't. I cant do it. I can't look at him and not want to cry. I need him and he's with someone else.

"John. Come to class. Now." He said sternly. I can't go. I'm still crying. I still have tears going down my cheeks. I still miss him. I still love him. I don't want to get over him.

"John." He said again "I'm not leaving until you come out."
"I'm not coming out" I said
"John, stop being difficult"
"I'm not coming out." I repeated
"Yes you are."
"You can't make me."

He left. He gave up. Now I'll come out.

I came out. When I left the bathroom he was right outside the door, standing beside the lockers.

Shit.

"Now can we go to class" He asked in an irritated voice. He sounded like he did when we first met. I turned around to hide in the bathroom again but he grabbed my wrist. He didn't hurt me but he wasn't going to let me hide again.

"Come on."
"Let me go."
"Come to class"
"Just let me go!!"
"John just come to class" he said. He didn't sound as irritated anymore. He just sounded exhausted.

I yanked my wrist away from him and walked to class on my own. I wiped away tears and sat down. Of course Alex and Laf were passing notes.

'Should've punched him.'
-Laf

'Why would I do that??'
-Alex

'Would you do it for me?'
-Laf

'But I already hurt him once...'
-Alex

'Whatever. Don't do it. We can always break up.'
-Laf

It took Alex a minute to write anything back. I just decided to write Lafayette my own note.

'If you want me punched so bad do it yourself dickhead.'
-John

Lafayette rolled his eyes at my note.

'Leave my boyfriend alone jerk.'
-Alex

Alex called me a jerk. He hates me.

I'm an awful person.

I put my head down so no one could see that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. He hates me. He hates me. He hates me.

'Stop being a big baby. You don't need to cry over everything.'
-Laf

This just made me even more upset. The bell rang and I ran out of class again. When I got to my locker and opened it a few notes fell out. I picked them up and read them. They were from Lafayette, Alex, and some people I didn't know that well like Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine. There was even one from Charles Lee.

They all said rude things. Calling me a jerk. Saying that I stalk Alex. Calling me a freak. Telling me that the school would be better without me. Saying I'd be better if I just never came back.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I went to the library and sat at at a table, reading the notes. People even threw some more at me. Lafayette definitely did. Alex gave me one. He called me a freak. I stared at the note for awhile before moving on. I read them all.

They all pretty much said the same thing. I stuffed the notes in my pocket and got on the bus.

People threw more pieces of paper at me. They just said the same thing as the others. I read them anyway.

----------------

A week later I was still getting these notes. Still came home from school everyday in tears.

"Honey, do you want to transfer schools?" My mom asked

Cliffhangers hehe