Meeting Edd

For once, the screams of terrified children didn't come from the King of Demons himself.

"Alright," he sighed out as he stretched his arms, "Let's hope I haven't gotten too shabby."

With that, he jumped up and revealing his wings under his long cape. The two soldiers looked up. They exchanged glances and shrugged. Soon, they too followed after their lord.

"Red Leader, are you sure about this?" Paul shouted as he flew above the cyclops back. The king just rolled his eyes.

"You never learn do you, asking all those questions!" He yelled as he searched for a weak spot, "And I told you to call me by my name!"

"I apologize, Red Lea- Tord," Paul corrected himself before he could make another mistake.

"Aha," Tord smirked as he leaned back. All of a sudden, he shot his body like a bullet towards the cyclops neck.

Then the cyclops swatted him away like a fly. Disbelief smothered Tord's face as he flew in the opposite direction. Well, there's always setbacks, aren't there.

He stretched out his wings and flew back to the opposing monster. Something bothered him though. The other two were managing just fine, so why had he failed? He wasn't getting weaker, was he?

He landed a blow onto the cyclops spine, sending it arching. It flailed around, trying to reach what had hit it. It smacked Paul to the ground instead.

Patryck tried to call out to Paul, but it ended up sounding like strangulation. He flew down to help his partner, leaving Tord alone.

Not that he cared, he could take the beast alone.

He flew just above the cyclops' nape, ready to dive in for the kill. He pulled in his legs and dove, the wind whipping and pulling his hair. He snapped his legs forward and aimed for the nape of the neck.

But suddenly, the cyclops wasn't there, and Tord fell onto the ground of the village. He hid his wings under his cape, just in case. If anyone saw them up close, it would be disastrous.

Tord checked around for any broken bones, but it was fine, nothing but smoldering pain. He was the King of Demons, he didn't usually get broken bones.

He turned his body from the rubble of his missed kick, to see a man with a glistening sword swipe at the cyclops. Everyone in the village seemed mesmerized by him, or by something else.

"Is it really them?"

"We're saved!"

"Who those other three?"

'Shit,' Tord thought, 'Is my cover already blown?'

He slowly stood up, as not to hurt his flesh wounds, and limped over to where his soldiers should've been. He walked in the shadows, hoping not to attract as much attention as there already was. Thankfully, all of the villagers were fixated on the battle in front of them.

Patryck was holding an unconscious Paul in his arms as another person leaned over him. He had brown hair and had a dark green double cape, and his brown eyes were filled with concern.

"What happened?" He asked as Patryck tried to word out with his hands. It would be pretty ridiculous if not for Paul's bleeding body. He had injured his right eye pretty bad too.

The man looked up to Tord limping towards them, "Hello, please sir, would you help me?"

Tord looked between the brunette and Patryck, the mute had beads of sweat coming down his face.

"Patryck, what happened?" He asked in his best concerned voice. He ignored Patryck's surprised expression and pretended to know what he was telling with his hands. It's not like he already didn't know what had happened.

The young man watched in awe as Tord nodded his head, "So what happened? I just need to know."

"Paul, tried to attack the cyclops and got smacked down, literally," Tord responded. The man nodded and cracked his knuckles, making Patryck flinch.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt him," he reassured as he placed his hands above Paul's face. A green aura glowed from his palms and flowed to Paul's wounds. "My name's Edd, nice to meet you! You all seem to be good frie-"

There was a crash as the cyclops grunted and fell to its knees.

"Edd! We've almost got it!" The speaker's sword glistened in the bright moonlight. He wore a purple hooded vest under a green half-cape and his ginger hair stuck up into the stale air. He turned to look behind him, "Are you alright?"

A figure in the background nodded towards them. Tord couldn't make out their description due to the immense blue glow around their person.

"Good! Just- Give me a minute!!" Edd shouted back. He pulled his hands away and the glow went away. He took bandages out from a small chain he had wrapped around his neck and started wrapping some around Paul's eye. "Okay, that should take care of him for now."

Edd turned and rushed over to his friends. From Tord's point of view, Edd drank something dark out of a small bottle. Whatever it was, it seemed to give Edd a sudden burst of energy.

Tord watched as the once calm man, grin and blaze the beastly cyclops with the same green aura, except it was more blinding. He stared as the monster slowly froze as a layer of a aqua color cascaded over its body.

And Tord had barely been able to even get close to it.

Edd collapsed onto the ground and the ginger tended to him.

"I'm fine Matt, really," he said as the ginger helped him up. He glanced over to Tord and company. Then the two walked over to them.

"Hello again," Edd started. He looked over to Patryck who was brushing hair away from Paul's face, "How is he doing?"

Patryck looked up at him and nodded, notifying that Paul was okay.

"This is Matt, one of my friends," Edd introduced as Matt bowed slightly. Tord stood up straight and tall, but kept sure to keep his wings hidden until further notice.

"I am Tord, the wounded is Paul and the mute is Patryck," he introduced himself and his soldiers, but of course, leaving out the soldier part.

"Say, Edd, where's-" Matt began, but he was cut off when someone joined their group. The person caught Tord's eyes.

They weren't dressed like the other two, no. Instead, their body was hidden by a long blue cloak and the hood was pulled over to hide their eyes.