Morning Star

"Hey, are you dead?" Were the words Tord woke up to as dull and blunt kicks hit his stomach repeatedly. Tord grunted as he groggily sat up, feeling pins and needles all over his body that the kicking sure wasn't helping. He grabbed the ankle before the connecting bones collided with his groin.

"Stop that," Tord grumbled as he removed the crust from his eyes with his free hand. He felt a sudden stinging from the hand holding the ankle and removed his hand with a slight hiss.

"Well, what other way could I have woken you up?" Tom bitterly asked as he stepped away from Tord to wake up his friends. He watched Tom leaning down and nudging Edd a bit.

Tord gritted his teeth as he turned to the hand which had started to sting. He soon realized it was also the arm that had caught fire that night as it had scars running up to his shoulder. Tord cringed at the sight, used to only seeing the burn marks on anything but his own limb.

Finally taking his eyes off of his arm, Tord stood up, immediately feeling the repercussions of sleeping on the hard ground. Looking up at the sky as he stretched his back, Tord could see that the sun had finally risen to appear over the tops of the large trees that made up the forest they were in.

'Ah, Morning Star.' he thought, 'Nice to see a familiar face for once.'

Though Tord received no word from the once king that he had looked up to as a child, he knew that it was indeed the same demon that had been cast into the sky, remaining only as a use of light and measurement of time for the humans. Oh, how he had honored and respected the retired king of Hell, mostly known as Lucifer. Though Tord did not totally agree on the fact that the old king had raged war against he who had tossed them into the fiery pits they called home. The war was over almost as soon as it had started, leaving the disgraced king banished to the stars and bringing the era of Tord's father, leading to Tord and eventually, as he hoped, to his own children.

"If you keep staring at the sun, you're eventually going to go blind," Tom hissed from behind Tord. He turned around to glare at the human.

"Leave me be. If I go blind, so be it." Tord crossed his arms over his chest and smirked. "And why do you care anyways?"

Tom simply groaned and pushed passed Tord muttering, "Why did Edd even allow you in the first place?"

Tord, in response, simply rolled his eyes as his soldiers in disguise walked towards their leader. They glanced towards the sun and gave a slight bow of the neck.

"Well, it hasn't even been an hour and it has already been a pretty terrible fucking day," Tord growled, getting real tired of Tom's shit. Little did he actually know the day was gradually going to get worse.

"Hey, Tord, are you coming or what?" Edd called out from the edge of the forest. Matt stood to left of Edd, helping him just in case he fell, as Tom tapped his foot impatiently.

"Yes, just... wait a minute. Go on without us, we'll catch up," Tord answered as he glanced back up to the rising sun.

"Alright, don't wait too long," Edd sighed as he and the others walked into the forest.

Tord looked back up at the sun when the humans were no longer seen.

"My father used to be King Lucifer's right hand man, consulting with him through the war up until Morning Star was thrown into the stars. Then he became king," Tord spoke mindlessly. Paul and Patryck exchanged glances.