Their Rival

Paul choked on his drink while Patryck stifled on a piece of meat from Edd's statement. Tord however stared into the distance, his eye was glazed over.

"Edd! He's drowning on land!" Matt gasped as he pointed his finger towards Paul. Patryck swallowed the meat as he patted Paul on the back.

"So you think you're strong enough to go against him, ey?" Tord asked as his glance shot up. The other three looked over to him.

"Well, maybe, o-of course, we've been training for so long!" Edd answered with an uneasy smile. Tord smirked.

"I don't know, he's pretty strong. Stronger than that cyclops, even."

"We've fought stronger enemies, right Edd?" Matt pointed out.

"Like what?" Tord inquired.

"Well, let's see, an ogre, golems..." Matt started listing them off as Tord folded his arms as he leaned back against his chair.

"And besides, what are your reasons for killing him? He hasn't been down here in years," Tord asked. It was true, it was his army that was always in the human realm.

Tom looked to the side, a dark shadow from his hood covering the rest of his face. Edd was shuffling his fingers and Matt sadly rubbed his face.

"We'd rather not tal-"

"He was there. I was a kid then, but I remember that day like yesterday," Tom interrupted Edd with a cold tone. He cleared his throat, "But anyways, we have our reasons, just like your mute has his."

Paul and Patryck looked up, surprised to hear his name again. They glanced over to Tord who seemed interested in the blue one's life story. They prayed to their enemy's name that their leader wouldn't blow their cover.

"Ah, but maybe that was one of his soldiers," Tord countered. Tom snapped his face towards him. The soldiers mentally face palmed themselves for their king's foolishness.

"What the hell do you mean that it may have been one of his soldiers?" Tom hissed. The hidden demons were a bit insulted at the harsh use of their home's name. But Tom continued, "It wasn't one of his fucking dogs that killed my father!"

The restaurant hushed as Tom glared at Tord. Tord knew he was glaring through the darkness of the hood, he could feel Tom's eyes piercing through his own.

"And why are you even defending the bastard?!" Tom snapped.

'Aw shit' was the only thing Tord thought. He knew his soldiers were thinking it too and maybe a little more rotten remarks about their leader. But that didn't matter just this moment, if he didn't think of a lie, they were all screwed. He thought of one.

"I worked for him. I was dragged to Hell along with my parents when his soldiers raided our town," Tord fibbed. The King of Demons had just gotten another title of King of Deception.

The entire table was quiet as small conversations continued around them. None of them moved, it was as if the slightest movement would cause a war of destruction. It was only when Paul leaned into Patryck that some of the stress and anxiety was released and Matt and Edd quietly continued to eat.

"This is going to get outta hand fast," he whispered to his partner. Patryck nodded as he noticed Tom never taking his death glare off of Tord (who was silently praising himself for such a good lie).

"Well, well, well, lookit Mark, the losers," a voice behind Patryck sneered.

"Eduardo," Edd growled as his eyebrows furrowed. A guitarist from the band onstage strummed a small tune.

There were two of them, the one that had spoke had dark brown hair that was about one shade darker than Edd's. The other had blonde hair and had a chin that was almost as great as Matt's.

"What are you doing here?" Eduardo inquired as his buddy, Mark, leaned one arm on Paul's chair.

"Eating. What do you want?" Edd grumbled.

"Well, Mark and I here were just about to leave but then we heard a commotion behind us," he answered. He looked at Paul then at Patryck and finally at Tord (who was still admiring his lying skills). "More losers?"

Paul raised one thick eyebrow as he turned to face the person and his friend who was leaning on his chair. He turned to Patryck, who was fuming over being called a loser. He put his hand on Patryck's arm to calm him down, signaling that it wasn't worth it.

"Ha, you're not even strong enough to fight!" Eduardo sneered. This time it was Patryck who grabbed Paul's wrist to keep him from disproving that comment. "Anyways, I heard all this crap about you losers killing the Demon King. That's really cute."

Tord snapped from his narcissistic thoughts and turned to man behind Patryck. Another man was wishing to kill him. Tord wondered who else in the human world wanted the King of Demons dead.

"Man, I really wish to be there when you get killed by him," Edd snarled. Eduardo paled.

"Woah, be careful what you wish for," he said, fear laced in his voice. But Edd continued.

"What are you doing it for? For Jon? Yeah, it would've been better if you showed that you actually cared when he was around," he continued. Veins popped out of Eduardo's skin.

"Shut up!" Eduardo shouted. He turned around, "C'mon, let's go."

Tord watched as Mark followed behind. He wondered if he had actually seen Eduardo before, nonetheless kill his friend. He didn't remember killing anyone in his recent years of being king.

"So sorry about that," Edd apologized as he pulled out his bag out of his cloak. He put some coins onto the table. "And a tip for the nice lady," he said as he placed two more on the side.

Tord stood up, soon followed by the instincts of his soldiers, "Well, I have to truly thank you for this splendid meal, but we really have to get going."

The other group stood as well.

"No problem, hey, perhaps you could even join our group," Edd joked. Tord laughed.

"Haha, goodbye Edd," Tord said as he and his group exited the restaurant. By that time, the moon was out.

"Heh, goodbye Tord," Edd mumbled.

"Bye!" Matt gleefully said. Tom said nothing which actually hurt Tord.

As they turned the corner, Tord tried to shake off that feeling and pulled out a big fat cigar. He snapped his fingers and a small flame floated atop his index finger. He brought the flame to the cigar and puffed. Behind him, Patryck silently shook his head in disapproval.

Paul, though, looked deep in thought. Patryck nudged his arm to snap him out of it. Paul seemed alarmed when he did though, as he almost cut Patryck, who dodged in time.

"Sorry," he mumbled as looked ahead. Patryck looked at him with a pouted look of concern. It was a look that Paul knew meant 'what's wrong'?

Paul stared at their leader as he walked ahead. He slowed a bit and dragged Patryck with him. He pulled the taller male down so he could whisper something only Patryck could hear.

"He left without telling anyone," he whispered. Patryck only nodded. Paul continued, "So who's ruling Hell?"