Rabbit

Tord walked a safe distance away from Tom and his cross. It had been awhile since their talk in the clearing, but there was just a sickening tension in the air. But it only seemed to be Tord who noticed it as Edd and Matt carried on, cheerfully chatting away as did Patryck and Paul... somehow.

"Alright then, should we set up camp here?" Edd asked the group as he stood, slightly hunched over due to his wound that had clotted with the bandages Matt wrapped. Tord started to notice how long they had walked since the big ball of a moon had nearly reached the other side of the sky. Another sign of how long they had walked was the pain of fatigue in his feet.

"Eh, you two, if you could gather some sticks for fire?" Edd asked, looking towards Paul and Patryck.

The two exchanged glances. "Alright then," Paul said plainly as Patryck nodded and shrugged.

"I'll go with them," Tord muttered, being insulted that his soldiers took orders by someone they just met and halfly being concerned about the bad look Tom was giving him.

When the demons in disguise were far enough into the forest, Tord lit a small fire on top of his finger, lighting up the dark trees enough to distinguish tree bark from grass blades. The king, who had no idea he had been overthrown by the likes of a little girl, stared as his soldiers (who were below his state of monarchy, mind you) picked up sticks for what he presumed to be for a fire. The two soldiers picked up sticks, but not the 'king' who thought was too high and mighty to do something as lowly as pick up sticks, though he did pick up as many as ten.

All in all, the entire chore was quiet before they returned to the original spot with the aspiring humans. But before they got back, the king had a little something to say to his inferiorities.

He stepped in front of their path they were walking on, almost making Paul drop his collection of sticks if not for Patryck. The devil guards stood up straight knowing that their king was going to tell them something whether it be important or not.

"So, I see that now that we're in this dreadful realm, you think that it is okay to take orders from anyone now?" Tord asked with a heavy and overbearing voice. Little droplets of sweat dripped from their foreheads as they did not know how to answer or if they should answer for that matter, well, not that Patryck could even answer anyways.

Tord snapped his fingers and a large fireball flew past the two soldiers in front of him. It set ablaze to a branch quickly spreading over the entire tree.

"I am still your leader, and you still take orders from me, no one else," Tord stated firmly as he pointed a burning finger towards the two. They quickly nodded as Tord clenched his hand into a fist and the fire was extinguished, leaving only cinders.

The demon dictator turned on his heels to leave, expecting them to follow. It was only until he was out of sight that Paul started laughing nervously. He placed a hand on his head as Patryck stared at him like he was an insane man.

Paul noticed this, "He may be a fucking idiot, but damn, he can be scary as fuck."

Patryck nodded to agree.

"Hurry your gay asses up!" They heard their king shout. Patryck sighed as he and Paul ran to catch up with their king.

By the time the three demons had returned to place where the humans had stopped them, Edd was busy healing himself as Matt washed his bandages. Tom, however, was busy keeping a rabbit, which was about the size of a small German Shepherd, under him. He looked up, his hood slightly sliding off and with sweat covering most of his face, and morphed his mouth into a frown.

"'Bout time you three got back!" Tom shouted as the rabbit tried to jump away from under his weight. Tord shoved his sticks to Patryck to hold and walked over to the struggling mage.

"Do you seriously not have any blades?" Tord asked as he looked down. Tom's frown deepened as he glared up at Tord.

"What does it look like, moron?" Tom snarled. Tord raised his eyebrow at Tom's rudeness.

"Well, if you don't need my help," Tord sighed as he turned around to Matt and Edd gaping at the amount of sticks Paul and Patryck had collected.

"I didn't need your help in the first place, idiot!" Tom snapped, taking a slight moment of attention away from the rabbit. Nonetheless, that was a mistake.

The rabbit jerked around and bit Tom's arm, leaving the male to scream harsh swear words that my little sister would dare not to speak all the while grabbing the rabbit's hind legs.

Tord looked at him pathetically, "Did you try snapping its neck?"

Tom only glared at him once more, "What do you think? Of course I have, you ass!"

Tord squatted down to his level, "Have you tried doing something like this?" Tord grabbed the struggling creature's head, and ended its misery with a big jerk to the right.

"Or were you too weak?" He asked with a smirk as Tom stared at the dead rabbit dumbfounded. Tom shook his head and stood up holding the dead rabbit's body.

"No, you're just stronger than me!" Tom huffed as Tord got up.

"Right, is that why you depend so much on your magic?" Tord asked, leaning forward into Tom's face just enough to see under the shade of the hood.

"Get away from me, asshole," Tom growled as he shoved Tord's face away, sending a flash of burning pain through Tord.

Tord grimaced as he looked towards Tom and the direction he was walking. He was so close to seeing what was under Tom's hood too.

Author's Note

*HUFF* FINALLY GOT ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT! I'm just so busy with the end of the school year! You guys agree right? But anyways, I kinda already have the next two chapters plotted out so they should be out soon (SHÏT WILL HIT THE FAN).
I'm pretty sure -like 100%- you guys already know what's under Tom's hood, but y'know, I kinda like to add things that I think are important, so yeh.

Question of the Day

What are y'all doin' for Summer?

I'll be doing nothing, reading yaoi, fanfiction, drawing, and watching anime, as usual but *doodle-doo-doodley-doo-bwan-bwan-bwan!* IN MEXICO