The Inn

The deep abyss of darkness swallowed him as he sank deeper into the churning water. Tord closed his eyes, he never expected to go out this way. Mostly when he thought about death, he thought about being caught in a battle between a priest, not drowning. Well, to be honest, when Tord did think drowning, he always thought it would've been holy water. It was just a shame he had to go out by something so simple compared to the king of Hell.

•••

The first thing he felt was the soft feeling encompassing his body. The second thing being the sudden choking, burning feeling of water rising up his throat.

Moving quickly, he leaned over and threw up the water rising in his throat. He coughed and coughed until he was sure all traces of water had left through his mouth or through his stinging eyes.

Wiping his mouth and his tear-stained cheeks, Tord started to take notice of his surroundings.

He seemed to be in a bed in the corner of a small room. Right next to his bed was a long nightstand that stretched over to the other side of the room where a second bed was.

Curious about where this room he was in was located, Tord swung his legs to the side of the bed and pulled his body off it, before realizing what he was going to step on. He froze and cringed at the feeling of wet and squishy vomit between his toes. Tord started to slowly move, trying to get to the tissues on the nightstand, before he slipped and landed on the hard wooden floor, thankfully not splattering the puke over his chest. He groaned as the door to the room creaked open.

"What... the Hell happened in here?" Tom asked while holding back a laugh.

"What do you think?" Tord hissed, crawling to his hands and knees. Swearing under his breath, Tord slowly got up and looked to Tom who seemed amused at Tord's pain, "Could you bring me a mop?"

Tom came back with said item and a bucket filled with water.

"Thank you," he huffed as he grabbed the mop from Tom's hands and cleaned the mess he made. Tord felt uncomfortable as the same feeling he had felt in the restaurant after he had tried to secretly defend himself, though the feeling was less extreme.

Tord sighed and wiped his forehead as he put the mop into the bucket. He turned back to Tom, who had stayed standing still with a dull, straight face in the doorway. "So," Tord started as he leaned over to grab the handle of the bucket and looked around the room, "Where did I wake up?"

Tom crossed his arms and looked around just as Tord did, "Well, I woke up here too, but what Edd had told me, they carried us from -what was it, a river? But Edd told me as soon as the lady who ran this place saw them, she helped them take us to this room."

Tord made a questioning face as he set the bucket next to the door, "But where are we?"

Tom shrugged, "I think it's like an inn for wandering travelers."

Tord tried to look around Tom to see if there was anyone else there, "Where's Edd?"

Tom moved away from the doorway and headed into the room that led from the bedroom, "He and the other three headed to a market that was down the street."

Tord raised an eyebrow, "And why didn't you go with them?"

"It's not like I had a choice," Tom scoffed, "I didn't want to be the one to wait here to watch you as you slept, but Edd insisted."

Tord rolled his eyes, "Thanks for volunteering." Tord followed him into what seemed to be an empty small living room with a door in the corner, "Where are my allies?"

Tom turned back to face him and put a hand on his hips, "Can't you listen, or are your ears still clogged up with water? They went with Edd, though they wanted to take my place here to watch you."

Tord growled as he didn't quite enjoy being insulted by someone whom he risked his own skin to save. He grabbed the bucket filled with the contents of his stomach and left through the door in the corner of the living room as Tom sat down on the long ottoman couch.

Tord passed by other doors in the hallway leading down to a staircase which led to a lobby. As he passed by the lobby, the lady that must've been the innkeeper which Tom had been talking about was talking to two men who had just walked in. A slight suspicion struck Tord because though he did not recognize the two, he felt he had seen them before. He started wondering to himself as he walked by where he had seen a man with brown hair and the other with blonde hair.

Tord continued his little venture to find a place to dump the load of throw up that was in the bucket. He decided to dispose of it all behind a bush that was beside the woods which from his educated guess, were the woods that the group had came out from when they saw the inn. Taking the bucket back in with him, Tord was about to head back to the room with Tom before the innkeeper called him over.

"I'll take that, sweetie," the young lady said softly as took the bucket from Tord's hands. He nodded and turned around to head back to the room before catching a glimpse of the men he saw earlier. Tord's step faltered as he now recognized them as the two men from the restaurant but continued because, well, he wasn't the one who had the problem with them.

Closing the door, Tord saw Tom still sitting on the ottoman but was now writing something on a piece of paper.

Author's Note
I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE.
Holy mother*bleep* sweet *bleep* *BLEEP*. OH GOD, I ESCAPED FROM WRITING BLOCK HELL!!! please dont make me go back...

Well, it has been a while, hasn't it? The beginning was gross, but ey, I had fun writing it. I've been so busy with school, especially since I've started high school. Y'all got any tips for me? 

Whoof, I'll try to get another chapter done before the end of October.

Question of the Day
What are you going to be for Halloween?
I'm going to be the legend of Kuchisake-onna. Ya know... the lady with the slit mouth and carries scissors? That one.