The Restaurant

"Oh, Tom, you're back!" Edd beamed, "What took you so long?"

"That thing was too hard for them to carry on their own," the person started, their pitch was that of a man's. Tord couldn't face away from the other, for some reason that frustrated him.

"Edd, I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat!" Matt whined.

"Yeah, I'm hungry too, say, you guys should come too!" Edd beamed. Tord snapped his head towards Edd.

Patryck stared at Tord, barely shaking his head to say no. He loosened his grip on Paul, letting his head fall into a puddle of water. This, woke up Paul as he sputtered and coughed out the ually riches that got you to the top. It was his bloodline and strength that got Tord the throne.

Edd held up a little bag. Well, if you would even call it little.

"I'll pay."

Tord was the strongest in Hell. He was the one who ruled and controlled the demons. He had almost everything. But one of the things he didn't exactly have, was money.

•••

"I'll have a pop, if you please," Edd asked the young waitress.

The restaurant was old and dusty, nothing like what they had back at his kingdom. But one difference that Tord liked was that it wasn't quiet as there were small conversations between the other patrons. Their group, however, were all gathered around one wooden table. Edd's group sat on one side and Tord's soldiers sat on the other.

"Milk, please," Matt asked with his hand up.

The three looked comfortable and used to going to a restaurant after a battle with a monster.

"Whiskey," the person in the blue cloak stated. His name was Tom, and for some reason, he never took his hood off.

The waitress wrote it down and turned to Tord.

"Er, beer," he replied. Then the waitress turned to his soldiers.

"Same for us," Paul said as he pointed between himself and Patryck. He started scratching at his bandages when the woman left.

"Don't do that," Edd said. Paul slowly pulled his hand away slowly and started playing with the forks.

"So," Tord started, "Do you fight monsters often?"

"Eh, when we pass through towns, sometimes they get attacked, so we help out," Edd explained, "That's how we get all this money, from their gratitude. We don't take all of it, but we take a fair amount."

"Ah, so that explains it," Tord remarked.

The waitress came back with a tray of all their drinks. Edd and Tom gulped down their drinks while Matt drank calmly.

Edd sighed when he set down his drink, "It's been awhile since we've been in our town, traveling this far."

"Where do you live?" Tord asked.

"We live in London," Edd replied. Tord nodded. London was far from the place they were... wherever it was.

The waitress came back and they ordered their food.

"What brings you here to Poznan?" Edd asked as Matt admired his reflection in a spoon.

Tord drew a blank.

"Patryck wanted to visit his childhood home," Paul fibbed as he drew something onto a napkin. Patryck stared at him, at first confused, but then nodding as he understood.

"Ah, yes, he wanted to see how his old town was doing," Tord said as he extended the lie. "Little did we know that it was being attacked."

He smiled a large grin that stretched from ear to ear. Maybe it was a bit too much.