Food Break

Patryck and Matt had constructed a makeshift fire pit while Tom was separating the edible parts from the just plain disgusting insides of the rabbit. Tord had managed to steal one of the rabbit's foot while Tom wasn't looking. A nice souvenir from this adventure, or whatever you would like to call it. He stuck it into a pocket and strode towards the purple wearing man.

"Edd! It won't light!" He whined as he continuously struck a flint and steel onto the fire pit, earning only small embers which were not big enough to ignite a fire large enough to the size Matt wanted.

Tord sighed as he snapped his fingers, and a small blaze threw itself onto the pit, igniting it immediately.

"Wow! How'd you do that? Edd look!" Matt stared at the giant blaze in awe. Paul and Patryck exchanged concerned glances as their leader grinned triumphantly, not seeing the fact that he could have blown their cover.

"I'm a little bit of a magician myself," Tord explained as he grinned slyly. Edd limped over to the large bonfire.

"Huh, would you look at that," Edd murmured as he too stared at the dancing tongues of fire. He glanced back up to Tord, "You practice in fire sorcery, right?"

Tord nodded. He was born with the gift of fire, and he never thought that he would ever have to practice to earn the power, though he did practice on how to actually control and channel fire to do stuff such as throwing fire.

"Ah, so you were not born with your powers?" Tord asked with curiosity. Paul and Patryck exchanged another concerned glance as Tom spiked a piece of rabbit meat onto a stick.

"Of course not." He impaled another piece of meat and handed it to Matt, "I had to give up something to actually get this way."

Edd grabbed a skewer and did the same as Tom, "I, on the other hand, had to give up something less extreme, giving me my healing powers."

Tord tilted his head to the left as Edd rotated the stick over the fire, "And what exactly was it that you gave up?"

Edd chewed on the half-burnt rabbit meat, "Well, as I said, it wasn't really extreme such as other sacrifices where people gave up their body or their arms to gain something in return." He swallowed the meat and handed another stick with meat to Tord, "What I gave up is a bit ironic though."

"What was it?" Tord asked with a bit irritation from being impatient to know.

Edd chewed on another piece of burnt rabbit and patted the bandages where he was wounded, "It takes a long while for me to get healed back to better health."

Tord was a bit skeptical, "Can't you just heal yourself?"

Everyone just turned to stare at him.

"Are you really that fucking stupid?" Tom bickered.

"No, I just don't understand. Don't call me stupid just because I don't understand!" Tord argued. The two glared at each other over the fire as the others gave them some space.

There was a tense silence as the two glared at each other. Edd pursed his lips and leaned towards Matt.

"Maybe this was a bad idea to add more people to this group," He whispered to Matt. Matt only nodded as he continued to munch on his skewer. Edd sighed, "Well, there's no going back now."

"It's actually quite difficult to explain to those who don't specialize in my field," Edd said over the heavy air. The two broke their stare and glanced over to Edd.

"See? It is somewhat okay for me to not understand his magic," Tord sneered as he smirked and raised an eyebrow towards Tom. Tom crossed his arms.

"Well, it sure would be helpful to actually participate in the studies of magic, since it would be useful to understand why Edd can't heal himself," Tom hissed.