Not From This World

"Welp, no time for dilly dally!" Edd exclaimed. He tried to stand up straight but couldn't due to his wound, as he would've stumbled onto the ground if Matt wasn't there.

"Edd! Be more careful when you walk, what if you fall on your beautiful face and ruin it!" Matt whined as he pulled one of Edd's arms around his shoulders.

"Erm, okay?" Edd replied with a questioning tone. He and Matt started to walk to the end of the small clearing, soon being carefully followed by Paul and Patryck. The last two remaining were Tom and Tord.

"So, then, shall we get going?" Tord inquired, moving his arms to motion for Tom to go first, because after all, that is what a true gentleman does. Tom did not return the politeness, though, as he grabbed Tord's collar and yanked him down to his size.

"I don't know who you are, but I know you're not just the King's little secretary," he hissed.Tord tried to stop a drop of sweat from running down his forehead as he looked down at Tom.

"Eheh, Tom, I don't know what you're talking about," he said, trying once more to hide the nervousness of being found out by the mysterious mage.

"Don't act all goody-goody, bastard," Tom continued, "I don't know what you're up to but don't you dare hurt anyone on this team."

Tord's eyes started looking lower than Tom's face. His cloak was open which revealed a small dark grey vest. Tord's eyes widened when he spotted the thing around Tom's neck.

A brown rosary. Tord remembered the sharp burning pain from earlier and wondered if it had been from the symbol of his godly enemy. He looked back at Tom and glared.

"I do not plan to hurt anyone, so let me go," he coldly demanded. If he was going to go through with his plan, he could not let anyone else besides his soldiers know his true identity.

Tom seemed to glare back at him, though, Tord couldn't tell of course. He released Tord's collar and started to walk into the forest where the others had disappeared into.

Tord stared after Tom as he too sank into the black abyss that made up the forest. Tord was alone in the clearing. He glanced back to where the rest of his new group had gone into the forest.

Tord sighed as he hoped his soldiers didn't already screw up... especially Patryck. That fool was the reason Tord lost his eye in the first place.

'Oh well,' Tord thought, 'Dwell on this later.' He looked back to the forest and clenched his fists. His new objective was to make sure that Tom didn't find out their identities, no matter the cost.

~~~

A loud vomiting noise echoed through the small bunker. Alice rubbed circles on Pay's back as he threw up into the wastebasket.

"Where's Pat?" He whined as he hunched over the bin and gripped it's rim tightly. Alice sighed sadly.

"He he went missing, along with the king and Paul, remember?" She tried to comfort her friend over his twin brother's disappearance. She sighed in exhaustion, "Pay, you said yourself that Patryck could take care of himself."

Pay groaned as he turned his aching head and glared at the maid. "You know not to take anything that I say seriously when I'm drunk!"