OLD Twenty | Fabulous

Y/n's POV

I wave to Mark as he is brought over to his table to be seated with his date. I smile politely as I wait for a waiter or waitress to seat me.
"Hello Miss." I hear a women's voice in front of me.
"Hello. Do you think you could get me a table close to to the brown haired man I was just standing with?" I ask.
I think she nods but I'm not sure.
"Also I'm blind so, uh, I might need help over to my table." I tell her shyly.
"Oh! Of course Ma'am!" She takes my hand and carefully leads me to a table.

I take a seat and thank her. She hands me a brail menu and goes to walk away when I stop her.
"I have two questions real quick." I say trying not to sound rude.
"Yes?" She stand right next to me.
"One, in what direction is the guy sitting in? Two, if his date leaves can you tell me? I'm helping him with his date and told him I would sit with him if she leaves." I say.
"Okay, he's sitting a few tables behind where I'm standing and I'll be sure to tell you if the lady leaves." I smile.
"Thank you so much." I thank her.
"No problem." She then walks away.

I open up my menu and run my fingers across it until I come across chicken wings. I smile and think about ordering them until I realize I don't have Ethan here with me.
My smile fades as I remember I won't be able to even see him until Wednesday when he picks me up for school.
I decide to order medium hot chicken wings and a Peepsi when the waitress asks.
I've been her for about ten minutes already and haven't got word that Amanda has left.
That's a good sign I guess.

I don't really understand why any girl would leave Mark on a date.
His stuttering is so adorable and his personality in general is great.
He's sweet, nice, polite, shy, confident.
Yes, he's both shy and confident.
I think it really just matters in the situation.

I pull out my phone as the waitress places my food on the table.
"Thanks." I say and she walks off.
I then turn on my phone.
"Okay Google," I whisper very quietly.
"Text Mark: Compliment her! I know for an absolute fact that you haven't even thought of doing that yet."
I then hear the ding that indicates that the message was sent and smile in the direction in which he is sitting.
Just a few seconds later Google reads, "Mark replied: How did you know?" I laugh a bit.
"Text him back: Love whispers to me tilda."
The phone dings and a second later dings again.
"Mark replied: Okay quote&quote Cupid Y/n."
I smile and go back to eating my food.

I hope this goes good for him.
I really have started to care for him and would hate to see his heart broken.

I eat my food until I have a few chicken wings left. I decide to save the last few for Mark later because why not?
"Miss?" The waitress walks over to me.
"Yes?" I ask concerned.
"The lady left him." I sadly smile and stand from the table.
I take out my wallet and go to give her the money for my food when she says, "He already paid for it." I look up from my small backpack, that I carry everywhere, in disbelief.
"Then here's a tip." I feel around my wallet until a feel the brail that reads $10 and pull one out.
"Here." I place it on the table, grab my last few chicken wings, and carefully make my way over to Mark's table.

I'm basically a turtle with how slow I'm walking.
I am trying to make sure I don't bump into any people or tables.
I can feel myself start to hyperventilate slightly when I can smell Mark's cologne.
My breathing then slows down as I now calmly reach the man with the wonderful cologne.

"Hey." I say as I feel around for the other chair and take a seat.
"Hey Y/n!" He cheerfully says.
"You seem too happy for a man who just had his date leave him." I laugh a bit.
"She was crazy," He tells me.
"She said she know everything about me and this wouldn't be the last time I saw her."
My eyes go wide for a moment.
"She's probably lying just to scare you." I say, brushing it off.
"Have one." I tell him and place the small container with a few chicken wings inside in the table.
"Really?" He chuckles as I open the container.
"Really." I confirm and hand him one.

For the next half hour we eat a couple desert items. I just ordered whatever Mark got and it was a great idea because they all tasted good.
We laughed, talked, joked, and had so much fun just hanging out.
It almost seemed like no one else was in the restaurant but us. It feels like it was just us and no one else could hear us. The feeling was amazing. I've never felt this way before. So comfortable with someone that it seemed like we were the only two people in the world.
Yes, I'm close with Ethan and Kadence but not this close.
With them I'm always mindful of the people and things around me.
With Mark it's just me and him in a sea of everyone else and I can't even feel the people and other tables around me. It's amazing and I almost want it to never end.
Unfortunately when we've finished our deserts, Mark pays the bill and we leave the restaurant and say bye the our waiter and my waitress as we walk out the door.

"Today was pretty great." He tells me as we walk to his car.
"Really?" I ask and take a seat in the car.
"Even though the date didn't work I still got to spend my evening with a lovely lady." I blush and hear his door close.
"Stop being so formal." I laugh.
"I can tell your holding back some other personality trait."
The car is silent until Mark says,

"B****...I'm fabulous."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys I honestly enjoyed this chapter. If you did vote and comment.
See ya' in the next chapter.
~Galaxy