Thirty-Four | All

I would like to thank you all for 19K reads. I hope you like this longer chapter.

~Galaxy

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Y/n's POV

The rest of my day I felt like I was floating on a cloud. With each step I bounced and every voice that spoke sounded like his.
I just couldn't get my mind off of the deep voiced man.
Nothing could turn my mood sour. I was so high on happiness that I almost didn't notice that Kandence didn't show up to history class. My senses were so blinded by exhilarating emotions that I almost didn't notice that Ethan wasn't around for the rest of the day.
But that didn't matter at the moment. All of those things could be dealt with later.
Right now nothing else mattered except for the fact that I was feeling so much overwhelming joy. Never have I experienced happiness quite like this.

My last class of the day ends I happily leave with the large crowd of people.
I don't feel scared.
I know that I shouldn't be.
I giggle and make my way to a bench by the parking lot, hoping that Mark will see me sitting here and call me over.

But I wait for around twenty minutes and don't hear a car even enter the parking lot.
I don't hear his voice.
A rush of sadness washes over me.
"I knew this was all too good to be true." I mumble to myself and start to stand when I feel a hand on my shoulder.
I don't try to use self defense, I don't ask who they are.
I just turn and stare in their direction.
"What's wrong?"
He sounds so worried.
My mood lifts as I realize who it is.
"Mark!" I cheer and hug the man.
He chuckles awkwardly and is hesitant to hug me back.
I can feel the energy around him as uncomfortable.
I quickly let go and shoot him a nervous glance.
"I-is everything alright?" I ask, worried that he wants to change his mind about the date.
"A-alright? I'm great-t." He stutters.
The energy around him feels thicker.
"Are you sure? You can change your mind if you want to." I tell him, a bit sad.
"N-no! I would never change my mind about this."
I shoot him a half forced smile.
"Okay."
I feel his hand clasp over mine.
"Why don't we head back home so we can change. We're going somewhere fancy."
My eyes widen.
"Fancy? Mark you-"
"Shhhh," He puts his finger over my lips.
"I want our first date to be special."
I smile.
"Fine." I grumble.
"But I'm paying for part of it."
He breaks out into a fit of laughter.
"No you're not." He tells me.
I cross my arms.
"Watch me."
His hand still in my own, he leads me toward the car.

What's with the weird energy coming off of him?

Mark's POV
(An Hour After Ethan Left)

I still haven't moved away from the wall that Ethan backed me near. My brain is still trying to wrap around what he told me.

"She's blind and you never even knew."

Why didn't she ever tell me?

Looking back on everything that's happened since I met her, it makes sense.
Her bumping into me all the time, not seeing the pool when she got here. It all finally makes since. Also the fact that she's walks pretty slow.
She's blind.

How didn't I know?

She's managed to hide it pretty well. How long did she plan to keep it a secret for? What will she do when she finds out I know? My stomach churns with guilt.