Forty-Six | No Matter What

Here's a bonus chapter for this week. I wrote this one early and decided why not just publish it now.
Dont worry, there will still be another one in Sunday.

~Galaxy

************************************

Y/n's POV

Ethan and I patiently wait in a small room. When we entered the doctors office we were lead to a room where they said a doctor would come and get us from when they were ready.
Again I'm nervous.

What if something goes wrong?
What if they realize that I'm not actually a good canidate and ask me to leave? I really want to see Mark on his special day. I want him to pull the bandages off my face as if they're wrapping paper.

I feel Ethan rest his hand over mine.
Looking over at him, I smile.
"Don't be so worried." He tells me.
"Worried? Me? Never." I say with a nervous laugh at the end.
"You literally can't lie to me Y/n." He chuckles.
I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder.
"I just don't want anything to go wrong." I whisper.
"It'll be fine. I trust that the decision you made was a good one."
Tears begin to wellup in my eyes.
"I don't want to take off the bandages tomorrow and find out it didn't work." I say.
"You won't. They'll come off and you'll be able to see how beautiful the world is." He says, comforting me.
"Thanks Ethan." I mumble.
"No problem." He replies while rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Y/n L/n?" A mans voice comes from in front of us.
My head shoots up and I get to my feet.
"That is me sir." I say ad my voice slightly shakes.
"Right this way."
I feel a cold hand grip my forearm to lead me to tge operation room.
As I'm being basically dragged away, I manage to wave to Ethan before the door closes behind me.
"Miss. L/n," The doctor says. "You've been blind since you were two?"
"Yes sir." I say.
"Your files also say that you've been apart of many experiments before. Sometimes you were in the hospital for months recovering." He reads.
"Y-yes sir." I stutter.
We stop walking.
"Well that won't happen this time."
I can feel the smile radiating off of him.
Hearing how genuine he sounds I calm down and let my tensed shoulders relax.
"Now we're going to lay you down on this table. We will they inject you with the anesthetic. It'll take a few minutes to kick in. As we wait for that we'll prep a breathing tube that will go down your throat."
I nod at the mans words even though all the information is kind of overwhelming.
"Once you're out we'll put in the breathing tube and begin the operation. It should only take around a half hour to perform." He tells me.
"Are you ready?" He asks.
I take a moment to close my eyes and take in a deep breath. Once I've released it I reopen my eyes.
"Ready."
The second that leaves my mouth someone picks me up and lays me down on the table.
"Now before we begin, what color eyes do you want?" He asks.
"Uhh...the same color?" I say, unsure.
"Alright. If you want the small pieces of u/e/c in them then we'll have to do it manually before the operation."
I send him a confused glare.
"You have unique eyes Miss. L/n. To make them exactly like yours will take a bit longer. Do you want that?"
I think for a long second.
"Sure." I reply.
"Okay. Now you're going to feel a pinch from the shot of anesthetic."
A small pain in my arm makes me jump, but before I even know it I fall into dream land.

-*-MemoryOne-*-

I'm sitting on an uncomfortable mattress clinging my stuffed bear to my chest. The sound of branches hitting the window of the room I'm staying in scares me. The whistling of the wind outside sounds like whispers.
A knock on my door makes me jump.

"Y/n!" My mom yells. "You better be asleep in there!"
My eyes widen.
"If I open this door and see those unseeing eyes of yours open I'll give you something to see!"

As fast as possible I lay down and throw my blankets over me.
I then place my bear on my pillow and lay my head on him.
The door opens and light enters the room. I can hear my mom's heels click against the ground as she nears my bed.

"Your father and I should be home with the kids right now. Not sitting here with you!" She yells.
I can feel tears form in my eyes.
Mom just huffs before spinning around and exiting the room.
The second the door closes I let all my tears fall.
Not even a minute later the door swings open again.
My whole body goes stiff and I force the tears to stop.
The footsteps that approach my bed this time are much lighter.
I feel my body relax as I realize who it is. They stop once at my bed and sit next to me. They then start to run their fingers through my hair.
"Don't worry sweetheart," My dad's smooth voice flows into my ears.
"You'll get better soon. I just know it.
Then you'll be able to come home and live a normal childhood."
I frown.
"Why can't I go home now?" I ask, my voice barely audible to even myself.
My dad sighs and removes his warm hand from my hair.
"It's compicated." He tells me.
"Just don't ever forget that I love you and will never stop trying to find a cure to your blindness."
A sad smile spreads across my face.
My dad then stands up and leans down, wiping a few tears away before leaving a warm kiss on my forehead.
"No matter what happens, I love you."
The next thing I know he's gone and Im left all alone with all the strange sounds once again.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please vote and comment anythung you'd like.
See ya' in the next chapter!
~Galaxy