Chapter 6~ The Force

Rey's POV~

Last night I had a nightmare. It was everything that happened on Starkiller Base but I ended up joining that monster Kylo Ren and I killed my new friends. It was awful. Luckily for me, I was awoken by master Skywalker. Why? Because he's finally agreed to teach me.

When I woke up this morning, the most terrifying thing happened. I saw HIM sitting right in front of me. Kylo. He said the Force was connecting us, but why? Why would the Force connect me to him? I hate him. I hate him not only because he killed Han Solo, his own father, but for hurting my friends as well, and other innocents throughout the galaxy.

When we finally disconnected, Luke asked what happened, referring to the aliens in white robes scrambling and angrily chattering.
"I was cleaning my blaster and it went off." I lied. I probably should have told him about what I saw, but Im afraid. This connection definitely isnt anything good.
"Lets get started." Luke says and starts off up a hill of stairs towards a mountain.
"What are those things?" I ask, referring to the aliens in white.
"Caretakers. Island natives, they've kept up the Jedi structures since they were built." He explained.
"I dont think they like me." I said.
"Cant imagine why." He says sarcastically.

I followed him up many stairs to a cave at the top of the mountain. Inside was a giant marbalized mural on the cave floor, illuminated by light coming in from the open wall leading to a ledge with a large rock. I walked over to the ledge and stood by the opening.
"Master Skywalker, we need you to bring back the Jedi because Kylo Ren is strong with the dark side of the Force. Without the Jedi, we dont stand a chance against him." I explain.
"What do you know about the Force?" He asks me. Now that I think about it, I have no clue.
"Its a power the Jedi have that lets them control people and... make things float." I say. I really have no idea.
"Impressive, every word you just said was wrong. Lesson one, sit here, legs crossed." He instructed. I obeyed and sat on the rock.
"The Force isn't a power that you have. Its not about lifting rocks. Its the energy between all things, the tension, the balance, that binds the universe together." He explains. I nod my head, getting the point.
"But what is it?" I ask. He has a slightly irritated look on his face.
"Close your eyes... breathe..." he said. I did just that. I slowed my breathing and threw my arm out, reaching. Then I felt something tickling my hand.
"Oh! I felt something!" I shout.
"You feel it?" He asks.
"Yes!"
"Thats the Force!"
"Really?!"
"Wow, its really strong with you!"
"Ive never felt any- OW!!" I shriek when my hand is suddenly slapped. It was a piece of grass he was holding... how stupid of me.
"Oh, you meant reach out like... with the soul." I say. He gave me a "duh" look.
"I'll try again." I say and resume how i was.

He placed my hand on the rock next to me firmly.
"Breathe... reach out with your feelings." He says calmly.
"What do you see?" I can see... everything.
"The island. Life, death and decay, that feeds new life. Warmth, cold. Peace, violence." I list out.
"And between it all?" He asks.
"Balance, energy... the Force." I say.
"And inside you?"
"Inside me, that same Force."
"And this is the lesson, that the Force doesnt belong to the Jedi." He whispers.

Something suddenly changes. I feel much colder.
"Theres something else," I say, "beneathe the island. A dark place." I say. I feel my fear coming up. I dont like this. Im being pulled forward over the edge of a different cliff.
"Balance, half in light, half in dark." Luke says.
"Its cold." I say. Im afraid. The pull is getting stronger.
"Its pulling me!" I shout in fear.

At this point, I cant hear Luke. I cant feel his Force signature. Its like he's not here at all. The black pit has pulled me all the way in. I couldnt fight it.  My eyes snapped open when I felt like I was drowning and I was sprawled out on the rock gasping for air. I was drenched in water.

"You went straight into the dark. You didn't even try to stop yourself." He says. He turns away from me, clearly disappointed.
"I couldn't hear you! Nothing from you! You've closed yourself off from the Force?"
"I've seen this raw strength only once before, in Ben Solo, it didn't scare me enough then. It does now." He said and went back into the cave. Ben Solo? That's who Kylo Ren is? His real name?

All this is so strange. Im connected to Kylo Ren, or Ben Solo, and now I'm being dragged down by the dark side of the Force that is present on this island. Im afraid. Im not too sure about what to do about all of this. Maybe with time, Luke will make since of things.

I returned back to the falcon and talked with Chewie for a while. A rain shower rolled in shortly ago. While telling Chewie about what has happened, I started wondering if Ben Solo had experienced the same things to make him fall to the dark side, if all of this is what turned him into the monster he's become.