6

Standing amidst a number of officers in a conference room in the Finalizer, General Hux had a disgusting sneer plastered on his face. His Supreme Leader, Kylo Ren, had called everyone in charge of the army. Everyone was at unease, it wasn't often that anyone ever saw the Supreme Leader, with him frequently away from the First Order fleet on personal missions. An uncomfortable silence was set in the room until Ren trudged in, his Knights of Ren that flanked him separated throughout the room. Stepping in front of the round table, he bent to everyone's level with his hands grasping onto the edge, and his brows knit together in irritation.

"I've called everyone in here because I've found the Resistance. I need all of you to prep the army, once we get there, they're getting a full on invasion."

"I-If I may ask, Supreme Leader, how did you-?"

"How the information came about is not yours to be concerned with." He cut off an officer. The older man remained silent and sweat ran down his face.

"Forget the Regiment. They're not our main focus. I want you to get the troops ready for deployment. Our destination: Ajan Kloss."

———————————————————————————

The cold air nipped bitterly at the Supreme Leader's face. He had walked back to his personal chambers. Towards the back end of the room was a floating box with an air tight seal. He walked back to it, pressing a button for it to hiss open. Freezing vapor rose from within the box, momentarily clouding the object inside. Darkness surrounded that object, like a sickness. Ren reached in and let the gloved hand grip onto the cold and melted helmet of his grandfather. Soon as his fingers made contact, the light in the chamber was no longer there. The room went pitch black and a slow, raspy breath was all to be heard for a minute.

Deep and disturbing laughter filled the silent void, echoing then falling silent again.

"Look at you..... a young child grown into a dark prince.... you think you know power but you've not yet seen it." This voice disturbed Kylo deeply. He'd heard it once before, only once. This was something much worse than his previous handler, Snoke. This was far worse. For the first time in many years, Kylo felt fear. It tried its best to tear through him, but he held his nerve.

"Who are you?" He inquired. Laughter echoed through again.

"My boy, how foolish you can be. I am your master." He spoke slowly. In the darkness, Ren furrowed his brows.

"Snoke is dead. I belong to no one. Not anymore." He said defiantly.

"You belong to me! Just as Snoke and your grandfather! It was I that created them, and I created you. I have been every voice you've ever heard inside your head, foolish child." The voice boomed. Kylo knew exactly who this was as soon as he mentioned Vader. But how could it be possible? He would never know. But all he could be left to believe was the truth that the dark side of the Force is a pathway to abilities many consider to be... unnatural.

Every bit of pain and fear he'd ever felt came back to him and weighed heavily on his soul. From the beginning it was this man, this entity; Palpatine. Ren knew as well as anyone else now, he was a slave and it seemed he would never be free. Just as his grandfather before him, he would take his "rightful place" by the Emperor's side, and follow his every command. But as far as he knew, there would be no Luke Skywalker to save him now.

In the choking dark, a flash of blue lightening struck, reaching out like spindly webs, and the form of the phantom himself stood in Ren's presence. Fear rose in the young man's heart and he cast his eyes to the ground as to not look at the demon before him.

"Now child, do as I say and you will have that which you desire. That which you crave. You need only serve as my new... apprentice." Palpatine drawled out. Ren looked up at the deformed spirit, he considered those promising words. Mulled it over in his mind. He could finally have the galaxy fall into order, be rid of the rebels and the Jedi...

A small voice in the back of his mind nagged at him. 'It's a trap, you know he won't uphold the deal. Don't do it.' But he could very well be wrong. That was an offer too good to lose. Once more, Kylo found himself kneeling, bowing before a new master.

"What is thy bidding... master?"

IM NOT DEAD!. Yes I know this is a short ass chapter. I haven't written since last decade so anything I do write will be considerably different from everything last year. I honestly forgot I wrote this story at all. But tell me: what do you guys think of this chapter? Is it cool enough for ya? Is it at least somewhat satisfying? Has my touch stayed after not writing for several months? Is it still good?? IS IT INTERESTING?