Chapter One~Detention!

Alexander's POV

A phone dings beside me, ruining any chance that I had to sleep any longer. I attempt to open my eyes but it's like they're glued shut. That's what happens when you're on a football team that has a coach who makes you practice for five hours straight four times a week. It's literally inhumane.

And technically illegal.

My eyes flutter open at the feeling of someone shuffling next to me. I mentally groan in irritation once seeing a face all to familiar, his feet on the pillow next to my face while his head rested at the bottom of my bed. He silently laid there, right side up, his brunette colored hair spread out on a pillow he had managed to steal from me during the middle of the night.

Dylan Ross.

The boy whos been my best friend since we were seven. The boy who has gotten ass whoopings with me by both our parents for doing stupid shit all time. We were now seventeen-in the twelfth grade, both of us on the football team every year since middle school.

A loud snore fills the room, terminating the thoughts swirling though my mind. The only down side of having a best friend was having one who snored like their life depended on it. How the hell did he end up on my bed anyway? Ignoring the question, I shake one of his legs that were in front of my face in attempt to wake him up.

"Dylan"

He simply snores again in response. I roll my eyes impatiently and decide to do things my way, he'll forgive me eventually. I sit on my knees, getting into position before rolling his muscular body off of the bed, resulting in a loud thud as he collided with the floor.

"Ow!"

Dylan groans rubbing his head, his eyes finally opening and locking mine with a glare. By now I was clutching my stomach from laughing so hard.

"What was that for!?"

He whines. I guess you could say I felt a little bad, because he had practice with me yesterday too.

"You wouldn't wake up plus you were snoring and it was pissing me off."

I say, raising my hands in defense. He only huffs, dismissing my excuse and finally detaching himself from the floor.

"I hate you."

"Love you too babe."

I say, winking at the boy stomping out my room like a child. He stops for a second and narrows his eyes at me before slamming the door shut. That's Dylan for you. He'll be back soon enough. Considering his bag of clothes which contained his outfit for school today was laying lifelessly right next to my bed.

Just as expected he came back into my room, grabbing his bag without a word and walking out. I shake my head at his childishness and decide it was time for me to get ready too. My attention brings itself to the phone ringing atop my nightstand. I walk over to it and look at the caller ID, sighing once seeing it.

Rachel.

"Dammit."

I drag a hand down my tensed face, smacking my cheek a couple times. Rachel's my girlfriend. Well not for long at least. She's just getting way to 'clingy' I guess you can say and it's getting annoying. Don't get me wrong, yeah Rachel's pretty and all. It's just I don't like her or the feeling of being tied down anymore.

I decline the call and walk into my bedrooms' bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Gosh I hate school.

~*~