Chapter Eleven~Apologies/The Second Kiss

In honor of national kiss day in America...

Dylan's POV

"Shh, be super quiet."

I whisper to DD, who in response nods and snickers at what was about to happen to Alexander. On this glorious weekend, I was currently holding a huge bowl of water over my best friends head and getting ready to dump it on him.

I half heartedly try and convince myself that this wasn't evil and it's just to wake him up but deep down I'm doing it for my entertainment. Besides, he deserves it since I won our little wrestling match yesterday. Hopefully he doesn't get too mad. Alex isn't exactly the one to play about getting woken up out of his sleep.

"3..."

"2.."

"1."

Diane finishes our countdown and I dump the bowl of water on his face. He immediately shoots up from his sleeping position, gasping for air as though a fish out of water. I purse my lips to hold in a laugh while DD does the opposite and bursts into a fit of giggles. I swear it's like she's a kid sometimes. But then again, who am I to talk.

"Dylan.."

Alex growls lowly, using his middle finger and thumb to wipe the purposelessly freezing water from his eyes in order to see. I go quiet as a mouse at the tone of his voice and my 'second mother' clears her throat awkwardly.

"Um, I guess that's my cue to leave."

With that statement, she bolts out the door, shutting it afterwards and leaving me with the now fuming Alex. I give a nervous laugh and slowly walk backwards till I reach the nob of the door. My hand was just about to twist it but it's stopped my Alex's voice.

"Dylan, get your ass over here."

He says in a semi-shout, standing up and shaking his wet hair onto the already damp blanket. I chuckle at the sight making him turn around and give me a death sentencing glare. Instead of cowering in fear at his signature frighting stare like most people did, I smirk smugly at him.

"I hate you Dylan."

Alex walks into the bathroom and slams the door deafeningly behind him, causing the picture frame on the wall to shake. Why is he always such a baby all the time?

"Alex?"

I call out to him from the other side of his bathroom door in attempt to make amends. Nothing but silence comes and I give a frustrated sigh, knocking on the door. It opens and a shirtless Alex walks out, brushing past me and making his way back to his bed. His pajama bottoms looked a little damp but not as much as his shirt. That shit looked like as though it just got pulled out the ocean. I unintentionally laugh out loud at my thoughts.

"What the hell is so funny huh? You sit and disrupt my peaceful slumber for one of your stupid shitty pranks. It's fucking hilarious isn't it?"

"Stop being such a baby, it was about time you got up anyway."

He scoffs in disbelief at my statement of defense, yanking the soaked comforter set from atop his bed. The water had apparently soaked through the sheets and reached the now bare, comfortable, cotton, queen sized mattress.