Chapter Fifteen~Forgive and Forget?

^don't play song yet^

Dylan's POV

I wake up with a groan, feeling as though  someone was banging a hammer against my skull. What the hell happened yesterday? All I remember is leaving Alex's house and driving an Uber to somewhere. 'To where' is what the real question was. As if on cue, my best friend walks into the room with a bag clutched in his hand. I give a sluggish smile, letting it fade once realizing he wasn't gonna return it.

"What crawled up his ass today?"

I mumble under my breath, pulling his blanket further onto my body and cuddling up underneath it. He sighs and slams the door shut, sending a sharp pain though my head resulting in me gripping it in my hands. Even though my eyes weren't open I could assume that he had left. The sudden feeling of nausea overtakes me and I'm soon rushing to the bathroom throwing up.

My throat burns as I heave up whatever was in my system for the past twenty four hours, cringing at the puke that sat in the toilet. I think it's safe to come to the conclusion that I decided to get shit faced drunk yesterday. Dylan Ross, you are so stupid sometimes. My first instinct was to call Alex. And that's exactly what I did.

"Alex!"

A few seconds after shouting his name I was back to throwing up, taking notice to the disgusting taste it was leaving in my mouth. Tears accumulated on the brim of my eyes before I had finally stopped, Alex walking in right after causing him to recoil at the sight.

"C-can you get me a towel?"

He opens his bathroom closet and pulls out a washcloth, throwing it to me before walking away. I snatch the towel off the floor with a glare and stand up, wobbling as I did so. How could he sit there and leave me while I'm literally throwing my insides up. He's such a confusing human being. First you want to be like "oh I like you blah blah" and then give me the silent treatment. Like what do you want from me?

Pushing my thoughts aside, I grab a spare tooth brush, after flushing the toilet, and begin brushing my teeth because of how disgusting throw up actually tastes. I wipe my mouth off with the face towel Alex gave me, taking some Tylenol before walking out the bathroom to go look for him. Maybe then I'll remember exactly what happened yesterday along with finding out why he's in such a bitchy mood.

I come face to face with his bed that, of course, didn't contain him at the moment. That's when it occurred to me that it was school today. I frantically rush down the stairs, after putting on his shades because of my pounding head, and find Alex sprawled out on the couch. He looks at me before rolling his eyes and focusing on the tv again.

"Dude, we have school today. Why didn't you wake me up. DD's gonna kill us!"

I hold my head in slight pain, trying not to shout as I spoke because that would only make my migraine worse.

"Well maybe if you weren't drunk off your ass we could've went. And it's fine, I already talked to her. She'll be back later."

He affirms, aggravation lacing his tone. I angrily stride into the living room and stand in front of his view of the tv - resulting in him moving around to try and look around me in attempt to make contact with the screen again. He frowns and crosses him arms, indicating that he had reluctantly given up.

"Move out the way. I'm trying to watch something here."

I roll my eyes and snatch the remote out of his hand, clicking the power off button then sitting down next to him. He turns away from me as I take my seat, folding his arms once again as a child would.