Chapter Seven~Mine

Alexander's POV

"Well hurry up. You're not about to make me late for school dumbass."

I inform Dylan through the phone. He had went home yesterday after we came from the mall and now he's calling me twenty-five minutes before school starts, asking for a damn ride. Like what the hell is wrong with him?

"You're the dumb ass actually. Having the decency to not call and ask me if I wanted to ride with you to school today. What kind of best friend does that?"

He retorts with a scoff. I groan in irritation and hang up the phone in his face, not having time to deal with his childish games at the moment. I have more important things to worry about, like fixing my hair. But since when do I actually try this hard to get ready for school? Who am I trying to impress because it's definitely not Rachel.

She called me yesterday crying about how I'm "ignoring her" and quite frankly, I am. It's not like I'm trying to hurt her feelings on purpose. Right? My phone starts ringing and I briskly look at the caller ID, rolling my eyes once seeing it was Dylan. I reluctantly slide my finger across the screen, answering his call and putting the phone up to my ear with my free hand.

"What Dylan?"

I ask, continuing to maneuver pieces of my hair around till I felt satisfied.

"Dude, you literally have like ten minutes to get to my house. Can you hurry."

He urges impatiently.

"Fine fine okay."

I sigh, our lines disconnected indicating he had hung up. I turn off the bathroom light (gotta save electricity), exiting quickly before slipping my shoes on and grabbing everything I needed for school and football practice.

"I'm running late so I'm gonna have to skip breakfast today ma', see you later."

"You know I don't like that but okay. Have a nice day Alexander."

I kiss her on the forehead goodbye, rushing out the door and getting into my car. My heart beat was fast, letting me know I needed to sit still and take a second to calm down. It's just school, who cares.

Oh who am I kidding. Like I actually feel like dealing with my snobby first period teacher, Mr.Gibbs, complaining that I'm late. After taking a few breaths, I set off towards Dylan's house. My patience was leaving as I waited at the seemingly longer red lights than usual, pressing the gas peddle every time they turned green. The sky was a little grey but it didn't seem as though it was gonna rain just yet.

The rest of the drive was short and I eventually pull up to the brick house. My best friend sat on the curb, distracted by his phone at the moment. I bump the horn to grab his attention, resulting in him slightly flinching at the noise before looking up and smiling. He immediately disjoins himself from the ground and walks to my car, opening the door and sitting down.

"Well isn't somebody looking nice today. Who's the special gal?"

Dylan questions jokingly. I roll my eyes discontentedly and choose to ignore his statement and instead drive off. He chuckles to himself, seeming to know how much he has gotten under my skin already when the day has literally just started.

"You're so annoying."

"You weren't saying that when you had your tongue down my-"

I quickly cut him off, hitting him in the arm which he only laughs at. Heat rushes to my cheeks at his unexpected outburst and I knew then and there that they were now tinted a shade of pink.

"Chill dude, I was only joking."

"Well don't joke."

He only mocks my abrupt retort, mumbling something about how I'm always ruining the fun by taking things to seriously. I sigh loudly out of embarrassment before putting my full concentration on the road once again. Dylan presses a station on my cars' touchscreen stereo, the song Mine by Bazzi now playing.