Chapter 27

Allyson's POV

Reagan slaps me again and again. The stinging sensation burns across my cheeks. Kieran is messing with Spot again. He's not getting any better. Theodora please hurry. Kieran punches Spot hard enough so that the sound echoes through the room. Kieran and Reagan leave stomping back up the stairs.

I stare at Spot's bloody face. He's barely able to breathe.

"A-Al-Allyson?" He chokes out.

"Yes?" I ask with fake happiness.

He coughs up blood and it rolls down his neck and chin. Come on, Spot.

"I-I-I lo-love y-y-yo-you s-s-so m-m-much," He stutters. He can barely form words.

"I know, Spot. I love you so much too. It was love at first sight. I'm nothing without you. I love you, Sean. I love you, Spot," I sob.

He softly smiles at me," I-I w-w-wi-wish I-I-I c-could k-kiss y-you."

No, no, no. He's dying. This can't happen. Not Spot. He leans his head back on the top of the chair.

"Spot?" I cry," Please stay awake."

His eyes start to droop close. He can't leave me. He's the only thing that brightens my dark world. I start to shake with sobs against the rope.

"Al, w-wh-when I-I'm g-gone b-b-be wit B-b-blink, h-he's a-a-a g-g-g-good m-m-ma-man."

"No, Spot Conlon don't talk like that. You are going to live. Spot, you are the only man for me. I'll die from the inside out without you. Spot, please, don't leave me," I sob.

"I'll find you. I love you," he barely whispers.

His eyelids drop all the way close. No, he'll wake up. He'll hold me again. He'll kiss me again. He'll love me again. I'm just asleep this is all a nightmare.

"Spot, please! Please don't leave me. I love you," I scream.

Tears run down my cheeks like a river. The inside of me is even screaming. Why Spot? Why not Kieran? Or Reagan and his father? He was too perfect. Or too flawed. He was good with a heart of gold. Even if he didn't show it. Only the good die young.

What have I done to be made to suffer alone. Why Spot? I love him. The world is empty and bleak without him. I wish he could hold me one last time.

It's like we're attached by an invisible tether, and no matter how far I was from him, I could always feel him and now it's gone. No ones at the other end. I miss him so much. It feels like a piece of me has been ripped off. Just one more time, I want him to hold me. For ten more seconds, is that too much to ask? For ten more seconds for him to hold me? But he can't and I won't, and the only thing keeping me from being swallowed whole by sadness is that he would kill me if I did.

Now I know the place for us he was talking about. Heaven. That's the only place we could be together.

"Al?"

It's Blink, but he's too late. I've been infected with others hate.

"Just leave me here to die," I cry as he starts to untie me.

He takes off the rope from my wrist and ankles, leaving my skin red and the scratches more visible.

"No, you're my best friend," He finishes untying me.

I jump up and dash over to Spot's body. I cling onto his chest and sob against it. Blink's a good man, Allyson. I reach into Spot's pocket, grabbing his small pocket knife. Spot told me it was there and he took it off of Reagan. I put it up the ripped sleeve of my dress. I shove myself away from his body.

I'm going to be with him again. I can't live without him. I just want to end the pain of being without him. Alone. If this is how my life is going to be, then, I don't want it anymore. We all die eventually, so why not now? I flip the blade and touch the sharp point with my finger.

The crimson blood runs down my finger. I yank up the knife about five inches from my chest. I can't do this without him. Blink stops untying Spot and starts walking toward me," Ally, put it down."

"No, I can't do it. I love him," my voice start to break with sobs," Hold my hand and we're halfway there. Hold my hand and I'll take you there. Somehow. Someday. Some..."

"Al, put it down."

"I'll do it! I'll do it. I have to be with him! He's lonely! I need to end everyone's hate," I cry," They didn't kill him with guns or knives. With hate. Well, I can kill, too, because now I have hate!"

He inches closer to me," Ally, he still has a pulse, we'se can get 'im help."

I drop the knife and it falls, making a clanging noise on the floor. Blink picks me up bridal style and passes me to Skittery and Theodora outside. Theodora is crying but nothing to my degree. Blink passes Spot up through the window. He must have cleaned off Spot's face because his lightly tanned skin has no blood on it. Skittery picks him up and him and Theodora walk towards Brooklyn as Blink and I are joined by Jack, Race, and Boots on our way back to Manhattan.

We walk silently across The Brooklyn bridge into Manhattan. Wait a second. I stop in the middle of the bridge and walk over to the railing.

"Allyson, don't ya even tink 'bout it," Blink says picking me up.

"Blink, I want to be with him," I sob.

"I'se know. I'se know ya do," he sighs patting my back.

Race, Boots, and Jack break off for us to go to the Newsboy Lodge, but Blink carries me home and explains what happened to them. I lock myself in my room. Blink and Fletcher took anything sharp out of my room. But I know a way I can still end it.