Chapter 5 - Bandages

I fiddled with my fingers behind me. My hands were handcuffed behind me at the back of the chair. I didn't really have anything else to do. The General was still filing his papers at his desk. Although it was starting to look better than it did when I had ruined it.

"Don't do anything stupid." I heard him mutter.

"I'm not"

Suddenly I heard a metallic click from behind me, followed by a loud clang to the floor. And my hands were free.

How did I just do that?

I looked up, but I didn't dare move from my position. The general took in a deep breath and sighed.

"I didn't mean to do that." I said in a hushed voice. I was scared now. What was he going to do? Did I annoy him bigtime?

He stood without another word and walked towards me. My heart was beating faster than ever. So fast. He was about three feet away from me when he suddenly rose up from the floor into thin air.

Was I doing this?

"Put me down" he said, coldly.

I tried my best, but I couldn't. I didn't know how. I was panicking now. What was he going to do when I let him down? Should I just keep him this way?

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a softer voice.

That calmed me down, a bit. Somehow he slowly dropped down to the floor.

How do I keep doing this?

He regained his composure and continued advancing towards me. As soon as he reached me, he knelt down until we were eye to eye. I gulped. What was he going to do? The very little distance made me register his features more now.

I felt a sharp pain in my thigh and when I looked down he had put his hand on it, he gripped it tightly for a few seconds before letting it go again. His hand rested there on my lap, his eyes staring into mine.

"It needs to be changed." He said, talking about the bandage.

I didn't know why he'd even mentioned my wound.

Did he actually care?

What was I supposed to respond? He was in charge here. If he wants the bandage changed for some reason then he can. It would be nice to get out of this room for once, and see the halls on the way to the infirmary. He was still looking at me intently. Was he waiting for a go signal? Not knowing what else to do, I nodded.

I was preparing myself to be released when I noticed he made no move to do such thing. He started raising the cloth of my loose pants up.

What was he doing?!

Before he could raise it above my leg, I gasped.

"Hey!"

He was pushed to against the wall again by some force. The impact was so strong that my chair toppled back, with me still on it. I heard groaning and the sound of footsteps. His face then appeared in my point of vision. He loomed over me, his hair was pointed in different directions.

"You have got to stop doing that." He said in a stern voice.

"I'm sorry" I breathed.

"Unless you learn to control that, you'll end up like your father."

I cringed at the mention of my father. He had no right to mention him.

"Don't talk about my father." I said through gritted teeth.

He raised an eyebrow. I glared at him.

"Fine. Calm down. I don't want a serious injury." He said "But, you didn't have to throw me against the wall."

"I'm sorry I thought we were going to get my bandage changed!"

"What did you think I was doing?"

I scrunched my eyebrows. Did he mean...

Was he going to do it?

"Doesn't this ship have an infirmary?" I asked. If it did, then why would he do such a demeaning task for a general?

"I'm not about to let you get out there. You're not to leave this room until we reach the base." He answered.

Did that mean that he was the one that changed my bandage the first time?

He knelt down and started to undo the bounds on my feet. When he finished, he held a hand out.

"Come on." He said with an emotionless face.

I reached out and he helped me up. He then led me towards the bed. I thought best to shut my mind up and not think of anything lest I panic and overthink and who knows how many times I'll get to throw him against a wall until he loses his patience. He then gestured for me to sit on the side of the bed. I did as he wished and he knelt down in front of me.

"May I?" He asked, motioning for my pant leg.

I nodded.

He then proceeded to raise the pant leg again, he hesitated as he reached my knee, he looked up at me. I nodded, and he continued to raise it higher. Once he reached the wound, which was just inches below my hip, he stopped and started undoing the previous bandage. Once it was done, the wound was fully exposed, I noticed the extent of the injury. It was pretty deep. I gulped. This was going to take some time before it healed fully. He stood and took some clean bandages and a bottle of alcohol from his desk drawer. I took in a sharp breath as I saw the alcohol. This was going to sting.

He moistened a small towel with the alcohol and started wiping the area around the wound. As he finished cleaning the area, he then put the towel away and began to wrap a clean bandage around the wound. I exhaled my breath, I didn't realize I was holding.

"You've got to learn to control it." He mumbled.

"Yeah, I'm working on that."

"What was your name again?"

"Paige"

"Paige" He repeated my name as if we were trying to test how it sounded like. It was weird, hearing my name from his lips.

We fell silent for a while.

"What did this?" He asked.

"Got hit by a blaster. One of your stormtroopers."

He pressed his lips together as he heard my answer. I winced as he tightened the bandage. He furrowed his eyebrows and loosened it up a bit. He then stood after finishing it and walked toward his cabinet, he took out his uniform and a large overcoat and wore them. I was quite disappointed. I was getting accustomed to seeing him shirtless.

"I'm going to be back late. I'll bring back some food if you're hungry." He said, moving towards the door.

"You're not going to tie me up?" I asked.

He stopped and looked at me.

"Try not to destroy the entire ship while I'm gone." He smirked at me, then without another word, he left.