Chapter 26 - The First

2 days later

I hardly slept anymore. In fact, I believe I didn't sleep at all. Hux didn't come back ever since. I was even more suspicious of him now.

The cold air bit my neck as my scarf was blown to the side, I shivered but didn't let it faze me. Again, I jumped and tried to land on the rock that was about ten feet away from me. I had found another spot to train by myself. I got up from bed due to restlessness and I couldn't stop thinking.  I landed with a crouch on the ice beside the rock I tried to land on. I wasn't focused enough.

Huffing, I stood and kicked the rock. Good thing my boots were tough material so I couldn't get my toe stubbed when I did this. I sat down on the rock.

Kylo was going to be discharged today and to be honest, I felt giddy with excitement. I had been training the past two days. I'd been going back to the tree and practicing my skills with my lightsaber. So far, I thought I'd been improving. 

Today, I needed a change of pace. I'd traveled farther from the tree and found this place. It looked like a giant waterfall. I guess it used to be, before it was frozen all over. The ice I was standing on was thick enough to hold a ship from the First Order, so I thought it was safe to train here.

It was still dark out. I had left my room in the middle of the night. But, after some time practicing here I had lost track of time. The wind blew hard again, and I shivered as my scarf started to wildly fling around my neck. With a grunt, I adjusted it roughly and tied another knot to keep it firmly in place. I wonder how many hours there were left until the sun rose.

As if on cue, I felt the slightest bit of heat on my shoulder, I looked behind me and noticed the sun had come up. Sighing, I stood. Maybe I'll get it right later.

On my way back to the building, the wind had gotten stronger. I hugged myself, rubbing my hands on my arms. I notice there's a spec moving in front of me. A small spec... growing larger, and larger. My vivion was blurry because of the the strong wind that was slowly becoming a blizzard. Squinting, I realize it's a stormtrooper walking towards me. The wind was really loud now, my ears were also starting to get frostbite. My legs shivered and I could no longer feel my face. The stormtrooper stopped in front of me.

"Miss Paige!"

He said over the storm. I knew that voice. It's FN-2187.

"Master Kylo Ren needs you in the training room!" he continued.

I nodded violently then marched on through the thick snow, FN-2187 was in front of me, leading the way. When we finally got inside, my teeth were chattering. 

"I'll get a droid to make you something hot to drink." FN-2187 said, stalking off.

"The training room where Master Kylo Ren is is down the hall, fourth door you encounter!" he called back.

I turned on my heel and stomped off towards the room, desperate to go deeper inside and find any source of heat. I pushed the training room's door open (it wasn't locked) and inside, there was a combat area, a weapons area, and a shower room. Kylo Ren was at the weapons' area, swinging around a long metal bar. He was spinning and swinging it around him so fast, I wouldn't have thought he had just been to the hospital. He was wearing his typical black pants and a white tank top that showed off his huge biceps, his veins popping from his arms being worked with. His feet were bare as he walked on the matted floor of the training room.

Silently, I took off my scarf and hung it on a hook in the wall by the door. I crouched down and sat on the floor, my legs in front of me. I undid my boots and carefully placed them beside (waht I assumed to be) Kylo's shoes. I massaged my feet to get my blood circulation regulated as my feet were already a shade of blue as I removed my boots and socks. I was still shivering while I was doing it and I hoped Kylo would not look at me like I was something fragile for once.