Chapter 14 - The Fight

...

....

.....

"Paige"

......

"Paige, honey."

.......

"Paige!"

Something cold and wet washed over my head and chest, I jolted awake and coughed. I was wet. Water dripped from my hair and I blew my nose on my shirt cloth, to get the stinging liquid off, spitting some out as well.

Salt water.

My hands went to the floor on each side of me and as I touched down, I felt sand. I quickly sat up and saw that I was back at the beach.

"Finally! Any longer and you would have joined me."

"What?"

I looked around and saw my father carrying a bucket. Did he splash seawater on me?

"What happened?" I asked.

I searched my mind, trying to recall what had happened. I then remembered the lightsaber, the fight with the Nexu, and getting severely injured. Was I dead?

"Am I dead?"

My dad furrowed his eyebrows and placed the bucket down. He turned it over, bottom up, and sat on it. 

"Dead? Why would you think that?" He asked.

"I was..." I trailed off. He didn't have to know I had been almost maimed to death by a Nexu.

"You were what? What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Paige, tell me what happened."

He stood from the bucket and knelt down in front of me.

"What are they doing to you?"

I had to appear as if nothing too bad had happened to me.

"I'm fine." I said in the straightest face I could come up with "They won't harm me, the supreme leader wants to collect me."

He sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. I hope I pulled it off. It was true, their supreme leader wanted me.

"Please be careful, Paige."

"I am, dad."

"Don't trust anyone."

I nodded.

We were both silent for a while, then he squatted down on the sand in front of me.

"How are you dealing with the Force? I sense it is very strong in you."

"I've yet to find out what I can do, dad. Kylo Ren has taken me as his apprentice."

"That can be used to your advantage, Paige." He began thinking "If you understand how the Dark Side works, you can use it against them to escape. You'll know what they can or can't do."

"I'll try to get out as soon as I can, dad."

"Don't let the Dark Side get to you, sweetheart."

He held his hand out and let it hover just above my head. He ran a ghost hand through my hair, he couldn't touch me, but the gesture made tears sting my eyes and I had to bite my tongue to keep them from falling.

"I should go, shouldn't I?" I choked out.

With sad eyes, he nodded. Then, I blinked, and he was gone. Closing my eyes, I opened them to find myself staring directly at a very bright white light. I blinked a few times before my eyes adjusted to the scene.