Chapter 9 - Kylo Ren

I woke up. Sweat all over my body and tears drying up on my face. I straightened myself out and stretched. I just discovered who I really was. Now I was hellbent on staying on the light. And no matter how hard this Kylo Ren or their supreme leader would try, I will not give in.

Everything was quiet. I scrunched up my eyes as I stood in the shuttle. Had we landed? I turned to look towards the window when suddenly the door opened and I was yanked outside by a chrome metallic hand. It was a stormtrooper, only the uniform was different. This one had a red cape over it and the uniform was chrome or silver rather than white like the rest.

"State your purpose here, unknown." she said. Even the robotic filtered voice couldn't hide the fact that it was a she.

"I'm Paige. The Supreme Leader sent for me!" I said quickly. 

She was carrying me by the scruff of my neck and I was hanging from her hand in thin air. She was tall. Taller than the others.

"What would the supreme leader want with a bug like you?" She asked.

"I... I..."

I didn't know what to say. Was I to reveal that I could use the Force? Should I demonstrate? I didn't even know how to. I was stuck. And General Hux wasn't here to explain. I knew it. I was doomed. 

"Well... bug? What is your purpose here?" 

She pulled me closer towards her. My feet were dangling a few feet from the floor. I couldn't do anything.

"I'm force-sensitive." I muttered.

"What?" she said.

"I'm force sensitive." I said in a louder voice.

This ensued laughter from the other stormtroopers. They didn't believe me. Not one bit. I couldn't blame them. Why would they? If anyone were in my position, they would make up anything to stay alive. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had already used that excuse before.

"I can prove it!" I said.

This earned a laugh from the chromed one. She dropped me and I scrambled to get up.

"Prove it then, bug. If you don't... I'll squish you." She said.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. This was my one chance. I had to show them. If I couldn't... If I failed... I would be joining my parents sooner than I thought. I would be joining them as a failure. I wouldn't make a difference. I used all my strength and focus. I had to do this. I learned from experience that feelings or emotions had a huge impact with control over the force, it seemed stronger if it had been because of what the user was feeling... before, I was afraid. I was angry. Right now... I was angry. And I used that anger. I channeled it somehow. I closed my eyes. And crouched on the floor. I heard laughter from around me and the sound of a gun being cocked. But, I didn't let that bother me. I had to focus.

Suddenly, the laughter was replaced with gasps and grunts, soon it was sounds of shock. I didn't open my eyes. I didn't know what was happening. But, I felt everything around me. I felt the gravity. I felt heavy. I felt like I was carrying things, different kinds of things. Different kinds of weights. I stood up slowly, my eyes still closed. And I heard them saying "Stop". But, I wouldn't. I didn't want to. They wanted me to show them, then I will. Although I didn't know what was happening around me. 

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a blaster going off. I opened my eyes and saw every stormtrooper in the room floating high up in the air. I tried my best to keep my shock to a minimum and just stared blankly at them.

"Put us down, bug!" The chrome one said.

I cut the connection in my mind and everyone of them dropped to the floor, just like the chrome one did to me just a few minutes ago. I couldn't suppress the smirk I had on my face when she struggled to stand up, her cape disheveled.