Epilogue

Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren smashed his lightsaber into the giant rock in front of him. The rock then split in two halves vertically, both falling on opposite directions. The last thing he ever remembered of her, was the look of emptiness in her eyes.

Paige

His Paige.

His

He threw the lightsaber away and knelt down on the ground, gripping his hair. Being sent away on a barren planet for his training was the least of his problems. He was angry. Verh angry. Angry at her for taking the blow for Hux, angry at Snoke for making her do it somehow, and angry at himself for not veing able to stop anything. His right hand lowered towards his belt and found the steel cylinder that contained her memories. Her identity. Everything. One twist of her lightsaber and she would remember. But, no one would know that.

No one but him.

Hiding her memories for safe-keeping was a really risky thing to do. It was more than just risky, it was suicide, really. But, he had to do it. He wanted her to remember him. He wanted her to be herself. He wanted her to be rid of that crystal. And he was going to find out how to extract it.

"Apprentice"

That booming voice echoed in his mind and he shut his eyes tightly due to the immense headache he was beginning to have.

"You're distracted"

"I'm sorry, Supreme Leader." He said, roughly.

"Should I send an escort to retrieve you? Thereby indicating your failure in this lesson?"

Kylo's eyes widened.

"No!"

There was silence.

"I can do this."

"See to it that you can."

"Yes, Supreme Leader."

"Make haste, young one. We have found the location of the map to Skywalker and I want you to be the one to retrieve it."

His headache began to slowly dissipate and he knew Snoke was out of his mind now. He has to do this. He has to be strong. He has to overcome the doubts he has. He has to finish his training.

He must get her back.

Paige

2 minutes.

Her time was almost up. Spared from reconditioning, but left to the mercy of memory collection. She laid supine on the table, dressed in all black material, that clung to her body like second skin, there were a few thicker areas like the chest and distal limbs. Her chest not rising and falling, but she was alive. Her briefer knew it. They all knew it.

1 minute, 46 seconds.

He scanned he pages of her file one more time. Twice. Then thrice. There was hardly anything there though. The General was in charge of processing her data and the outcome only produced four pages of her. And an envelope that contained various photos of her in seemingly engineered situations.

Just four pages. No more, no less.

The first page, the typical name, age, project number, status and attributes. Second page held her history, which held more than it was supposed to. Third page explained the project's significance. And the fourth held the custody aggreements. He felt a little twinge of sympathy towards the girl on the table, of whom he'd interacted with not so often. He didn't like what they were doing to her.