Chapter 18 - We're Not Alone

***

After some time

"Now, jump.

I sighed in irritation and jumped.

"Really, I'm fine, it's all patched up."

"I'm just making certain, miss." 

The droid began scribbling notes on a clipboard. I rolled my eyes and sat back down on the bed. I lifted my gown up a bit and peeked at the bit of pale area on my leg where the wound used to be, I trailed my finger over it, pursing my lips. I'm fine now.

"Well, then. I'll just deliver the results and file for you to be discharged. It will only take a minute, miss. I'd appreciate it if you'd be patient." His tone hinted that he was being stern with me. 

"Whatever. Not like I have anywhere else to be anyway." I muttered.

"For the meantime, why don't you get yourself ready." The droid walked out the curtains.

"Ready? For what?"

Then it walked back in holding a big silver briefcase, it handed it to me.

"For your mission with Master Ren, of course. I was ordered to get you ready as soon as you healed. Right after I file for your discharge, I'll inform Master Ren about your state."

It proceeded to walk out of the room.

"Hey, droid" I called.

It stopped and looked back at me.

"Anything you need, miss?"

"Nothing really. Thanks for helping me, I guess" I said, smiling.

"Always a pleasure, miss."

It nodded and then walked out. Sighing, I unlocked the briefcase and inside there was a proper outfit for me. Finally. I could get this hospital gown off. I took the gear out, which consisted of  black combat pants, a belt, boots, a white tank top and a long sleeved black top made of some thick, silky rubbery material, I can't describe properly. I rummaged around the case and found some chunks of body armor, one pair for my arms, then another pair for my legs, then a light, black vest. Cool.

Taking out all the things inside the briefcase, I placed them on the bed, I stripped off of my hospital gown and proceeded to wear the pants and belt. The boots were next. I checked the briefcase again and then found a sportsbra. 

Thank you, droid.

I put on the bra but before wearing the white top, I adjusted the boots. That's when the curtain sounded and I, startled like heck, fell off the bed. Looking up, I saw the general slowly walking towards me, his boots hitting the floor, producing echos of the sound around the room. 

Oh great

"I apologize, I can't quite knock." He said.

I rolled my eyes and hugged myself, trying to block as much skin as possible.

"Let me help"

The general took the tank top and crouched down in front of me. His face was expressionless as he pulled me closer. I was hesitant, but soon complied. He then helped me into it, his eyes never leaving mine, and I felt his gloved hand run over my skin, capturing everything he could. There was something innocent about this, and also some longing, I felt it. I didn't know why, but I felt it.

He didn't move away until I was finally properly wearing the tank top. I adjusted it, inserting it in my pants. He didn't look away from my face still. When I was done, I motioned to stand, but he caught my hands and stopped me. I looked at him in a questioning expression, his face showed no emotion. But, I saw the longing in his eyes. I didn't know what else to do, so I stayed that way. We stared into each others' eyes, I didn't notice that the general had started to lean more forwards until his face was dangerously close to mine, our lips just a breath apart.