Chapter 13 - Disappointment

The hanging lights above were swaying frantically to and fro, some were emitting sparks, ready to blow up. Weapons that were previously tested sat whirling around the tables, the door was wide open. Everything was left behind. I was left behind.

What did I do?

I just did what Ren told me to do. Did I somehow make everyone disappear using the Force? He told me to just feel it. Whatever that meant. I felt it, didn't I?

The lightsaber swayed on the table. Waiting. Humming. There was a distinct aura around it that compelled me to move forward. I took a step forward, the humming grew louder. My chest heaved up and down as the pull between me and the object on the table became stronger. When I reached the edge, I gingerly held my hand out... and stopped. The humming had ceased.

My hand just hovering above the lightsaber.

Did I really finish it?

Then it sparked. For a split second I saw a blue line of electricity, kind of resembling lightning, connecting my palm to the handle of the saber before it flew towards it, closing the distance between my hand and it. I didn't mind the blue lightning that appeared for now, it slipped my mind completely as I grasped the saber tight and clicked the button. Immediately, a silvery line of light appeared from the top, and I heard the humming sound again. It felt at home in my hand, like it was meant to be there. Meant to be mine.

Something radiated from the weapon. Somehow. I felt calm. Almost at peace. My injured thigh that was slowly healing seemed to be lighter. Was there something my dad put inside that made it this way? My eyes caught sight of something moving in my peripheral vision, I turned and saw a robot-like machine lumbering towards me, it's eyes shining red lights. Was it attacking me? Should I strike at it? I knew what lightsabers could do. I could chop that thing in an instant. Did someone hack it to attack me?

I didn't have much time to think as it smashed the table in front of mine and I jumped on top of my table and sliced it's head clean off. It short-circuited and shut down.

There were faint footsteps getting closer towards me, I looked up and saw Kylo Ren, stopping right in front of me, the robot remains between us, sparking electricity.

"I saw everything." He said.

I stood, still on the table, and deactivated the lightsaber, strapping it on my belt.

"So you know how to use a lightsaber. But, can you fight without it?"

I cocked my head to the side, wondering what he was getting at. He just demanded I finish making it and now he asks me to fight without it?

"I saw you use Force lightning. That's a skill only the most experienced Sith lords use."

What was he talking about? Force lightning?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied in open honesty.

"You generated that thing using Force lightning." He pointed at the lightsaber hanging from my waist. "It's crystal must have been deactivated somehow, and you jumpstarted it."

His words were confusing, but I tried to keep up. This was a lot of information to digest. There's a crystal inside this saber? And somehow... I used this so called Force lightning?

"Are you sure it wasn't anything else? I've never trained myself in the Force my entire life. And as you said, only the most experienced Sith lords use it. I'm not experienced, neither am I a Sith lord."

We were met with silence. Staring at each other, I got tired and resorted to squatting on the table as I awaited Ren's response. He remained stoic for some time, I was busy using the force to play with the robot's head I chopped off, rolling it around the floor, constantly bumping it on a table leg back and forth. When Ren finally came to, he held out his hand and my lightsaber flew towards him. He placed it on his belt. I jumped up.