Chapter 10 - Rage

I shivered violently as I tossed and turned around the freezing cell floor. I had no idea what the time was or how long I had been in here. Has it already been hours? All I knew was everything was so cold. I could see my breath when I exhaled. I clung to what little heat my clothing would supply. Was every day going to be like this? I tried rubbing my hands together while blowing on them to create some friction, but even my hands were cold as ice. 

Damn Kylo Ren

Would it have made a difference if the general was here? Would it? Or would he just do the same? Lock me up in a cell like a dog to a cage?

I took a deep, shaky breath, and exhaled slowly. That's it. Slow, deep breaths. 

You're going to get through this

I'm not weak

I kept repeating those words in my head. I am not weak. I've proven to them my capabilities before. Now, I was here to enhance them. All I had to do was keep my mind shut from that Kylo Ren, or else he'll snitch on me.

I waited. I waited for something. A sound, a voice or anything. I was exhausted. I couldn't sleep or even breathe properly in this cell. It was too cold.

I sighed. 

How was I to get used to this?

I thought about General Hux. If he were here, would he let me rot in a cell just like this? Then it hit me. Of course he would. I groaned as I realized how stupid I was to think there was something else. It was all a job for him. His job. Sure, he was in charge of me. But, he had always been really vague about my fate here at the base. Was this the reason? It made perfect sense. And, he did say that once we reached the base, he was to hand me over to Kylo Ren. Nothing would change. Whether I came with him or not. He was himself. A general. Why would he meddle with the likes of me? His slight friendliness back at the previous ship was probably only so I wouldn't kill everyone there out of my fear.

I groaned loudly and banged my head against the metal wall.

Stupid!

Of course. No one really cared. It was just me. I could trust no one here. I slid down lower on the floor and placed the pillow under my head. Might as well try to get some sleep. I would be starting my training with that bastard Kylo Ren tomorrow. 

Oh joy

I shut my eyes and tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep.

***

"Up. Now."

I whimpered, only half asleep. I didn't open one eye. I barely had enough sleep. I had been waking up in different intervals and going back to sleep then waking up and going back to sleep.

I didn't even know who was ordering me about. Or who had opened the cell door.

"I said, up!"

My eyes were open and I was met with black combat boots just inches away from my face. I sat up and saw none other than my masked... whatever he was. He was to be my teacher, I guess. I slowly looked at him through my eyelashes. When my vision and foggy mind finally cleared up, I quickly backed up but hit my head on the wall in the process. I groaned in pain as the loud sound echoed. Ren showed no trace of emotion. Who knows what was going on under that mask.

I rubbed my hand over the hurt area and winced as I felt pain when I touched it. At least there was no blood.

"Come with me." He said in that robotic voice.