I have-what?

Lately, I've been feeling really tired, and my face has been paler than normal. I've also been bruising easier, and I've had a fever for the past few weeks. So Thomas, my "brothers", and I were going to the doctor to find out what's wrong with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*time skip to after the examination*

"Aricka, I want to do a biopsy of your bone marrow," Dr. Keegan says. "I'm not liking what I see on your results." Patton wraps his arms around me from behind. I lean against him instinctively.

"Okay-Thomas?" I ask, unsure of what to say.

"When does she need it?"

"As soon as possible; today if it's doable."

"We can do that," he says. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*After the biopsy*

"I'm afraid I have bad news.." Dr. Keegan says. "You might need to sit down." we all do, and I sit on Roman's lap. "Aricka, you have what's called Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, or ALL.." he goes on to say more, but I'm frozen on the three words he'd just said. 

Cancer?

"...I want to get you started on chemotherapy," he finishes. "We can give it to you in tablet form, so you don't miss as much school. You'll need to go to a children's hospital for a few weeks, though." I was shaking, and I realized it wasn't me shaking, but Roman. I grip his hands and lean back against him. 

"Then let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~