I'm Scared, Dad.

*after the tour. Aricka is now a senior, and is afraid about the future.*

Aricka hesitates outside Thomas' door. She never went in before-would he be mad at her? 

Come on, Aricka, Vira hisses. Do it or you never will.

She nods, and knocks once, twice. "Come in!" she opens the door. "Hey, Aricka," Thomas says. Logan was in there, too. 

"Oh, you're busy-I'll come back."

"Aricka, I'm never too busy for you," Thomas says, and she nods.

"Right. Um-oh geez." she starts shaking, against her control, and tears start falling. Someone pulls her into a hug, and she notices the blue tie. "I'm scared Dad."

"About what?" Logan asks, rubbing her shoulders. It was like she wasn't about to be a senior in a few short hours, but she was 15 again, snuggled up in Logan's warmth,  talking about whatever.

"I-I'm scared about senior year. I-I don't-I want to graduate, but I don't want to at the same time. I want to stay with you guys, I don't want to go away-"

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Thomas was hugging her from the other side. "You don't have to decide what you want to do right away; you can take a gap year and do whatever you want." 

Aricka nods and wipes her tears away, not letting go of Logan. "S-sorry, I guess-I had a meltdown."

"We all have those days, Aricka," Logan says, smoothing her hair back, and kissing her forehead. "It's  normal."

"The important thing is you talked to someone," Thomas adds. She nods, still clinging onto Logan. 

"Want to come stay with me tonight? I'll read a book to you," Logan offers. She nods, shaking slightly still. "Come on."