Aricka

*3rd Person, but will become 1st person later*

Aricka woke up early on Adoption Day. "Maybe today one of the girls will be adopted," she thought and got dressed.

After she got ready, one of the girls, a five-year-old named Brianna, came and hugged her legs

After she got ready, one of the girls, a five-year-old named Brianna, came and hugged her legs. "Ariel, tell us a story!"

"Yeah, Aricka, tell us a story!" 9-year-old Elizabeth, adds. "You always tell the best ones!" Aricka hesitates and eventually nods.

"One story, then we have to go downstairs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Roman*

We had all arrived and were looking around for the right kid. I happened to open a door and saw a group of girls who couldn't have been older than 9 circling a girl who looked 14. "The princess knew her prince would come, and slay the terrible dragon because that's what all princes do," she was saying to her enraptured audience. "And of course, one fateful day, the handsome Prince Charming came, and climbed up the tower, and saved her from the dragon. He became her hero, and they got married. And they all lived happily ever after. The end." the younger girls all clap and cheer, and I couldn't stop myself from clapping either. The sound startled the girl, who looked up. "Oh, hi-are you here to adopt?" I nod. "I'm Aricka, this is Brianna, Elizabeth, Samantha, Chelsea, Chloe, and Zoe." the girls all nod and wave. "I'd better go so you can talk to them," she says and moves to get up.

"No, don't go," I tell her. "I want to talk to you."  Aricka nods and smiles at me. 

"Who are you, anyway?" 

"I'm Roman," I answer, hoping I didn't sound as dramatic as usual. 

"Roman.." she repeats. "I like that name. I think it's cool. I loved reading about Roman mythology when I was littler-did you know it's basically a copy of Greek mythology? Apollo's my favorite-but so is Hermes-they're both really cool." she suddenly puts a hand over her mouth. "I'm rambling again, sorry."

"No-no, it's fine," I reply with a laugh. "I like hearing this, go on."

"Well-Apollo is the Greek god of music, and he's amazing! I love to sing, so I always pretend that if I was a half-blood, I'd be a child of Apollo," she confesses with a giggle. "But everyone says I'd be the daughter of Aphrodite-because they think I'm pretty." 

This girl had already wrapped me around her finger. Thomas! I've found our dream child! Where are you?!

"Come with me," I start. "I have some people I want you to meet; they're my family."

"O-okay," she answers, and she sounded suddenly-nervous?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Aricka*

The guy dressed like a prince-Roman-led me through the orphanage to four other guys-his family, I guessed.  One had a blue shirt on with a grey cardigan wrapped around his neck. Another had a black shirt on with a blue tie. Both of them had glasses. The other two didn't-like Roman.  The tall one (Let's say Thomas is the tallest of him and the Sides, and Virgil is the shortest.)  had on a Steven Universe shirt. The smallest one had one a purple shirt under a black hoodie that had patches on it. "Guys, meet Aricka-Aricka, this is Patton, Logan, Thomas, and Virgil." 

Patton-guy in blue-I noted-comes and smothers me in a hug-not that  I mind, I LOVE hugs! "Aw, she's adorable! Thomas can we keep her?" he asks.  A giggle escapes me again, and I  cover my mouth. I like Patton; I decide. Patton and Roman were cool. 

"Aricka-what do you say?" Thomas-tallest guy-asks. "Do you want us to adopt you?"

"Is that even a question?" I  ask him in return. "Yes!"