Ch. 8

If I could describe how Nicki made me feel, I'd use almost any Anthony Hamilton song. She made the work week fly by because I daydreamed about her without paying much attention to anything else. At first I didn't like how much she ran thru my head. But then that changed when she slept over my place with Harlem for the first time. Since then, two days ago, it hasn't happened but it's all I thought about. It felt amazing waking up with them both in my arms. After all three of us made breakfast together, ate, cleaned and got ready, we spent the afternoon at the pool. After Harlem fell asleep sunbathing with Nicki, we went to Dario's and then caught a movie. Harlem slept thru the entire thing after throwing a fit for popcorn that she never finished. The chemistry between me and Nicki that night was something Eva and I never had. It felt real. The way she looked at me was in a way Eva never did.

                I glanced at the clock as my office door opened. A young boy, maybe in his teens, handed me a job application with his head hanging lowly. Today's interview happened 2 hours ago so I didn't know who this boy was. Looking at him, I couldn't help but see myself in him. At least his appearance. He was scrawny like I was when I graduated high school. The way he nervously picked at the scabs on his arm showed me he wasn't a man yet. He was looking for guidance but I couldn't help him. I was just now being able to guide myself.

                                "Hey...I saw the um...I saw you were hiring and um...I filled out an application," the boy twisted his hair nervously.

                                "Yeah, how old are you, Dennis? Why you wanna work here?" I looked at the application with a blank face. He nervously ran a hand thru his hair as best as he could. If I hire him, a haircut was going to be a requirement. Nicki would get him lookin' straight.

                                "I'm 16...and I wanna work here cause I love fixin' cars. I'm good at it plus my grandmamma says it's time to pitch in. I don't really wanna sell so I...yeah," Dennis looked down and avoided my stare. He really did remind me of my old self. Even though his application told me he was a high school dropout, I went with my gut and decided to hire him.

                                "Well sellin' ain't for everybody. Imma call you DJ. When can you start?" I smiled and shook his hand. Happiness and excitement made his shoulders poke out with a little more confidence.

                                "Foreal? I can start right now...oh wow," DJ's eyes lingered past me as the office door opened. Nicki's smile lit up the room the moment her eyes landed on me. My eyes roamed over the black sundress with pink and white stripes. Her body was handcrafted by the goddess of lust herself. Nicki's stomach was flat and her ass was fat. Unfortunately her breast weren't exposed but she still looked gorgeous. Her hair sat in waves down to the middle of her back.

                                "Thought me and baby girl would come take you to lunch," Nicki smiled and squeezed Harlem's hand. I smiled at Harlem's pigtails and how excited she was to see me. Once Nicki let her hand go, Harlem ran into my lap. She was wearing a white tank top with a small black choker around her neck. Her denim shorts could have been longer but they also could have been shorter too. I needed to remember to ask Nicki to buy bigger clothes for her. She was wearing the white and black Jordans I bought for her last week.

                                "This...that's...your...your g-girl?" DJ stuttered with his mouth wide open as he stared at Nicki. She chuckled and walked behind the desk. I laughed as she rubbed her fingers against my beard. My chest tightened the longer she played with my facial hair. Her touch was genuine.

                                "Did you hire someone?" Nicki asked with a smile. DJ's mouth finally closed but that didn't stop him from drooling over her.