Chapter 1

Hello my lovelies!! I'm back with a new book. Now: BEFORE STARTING! Please be aware that this book does contain some sexual violence including rape. If you are easily triggered, I recommend that you do not read this story, however I will try to warn readers about any scenes that include sexual violence. I AM NOT PROMOTING SEXUAL VIOLENCE OR RAPE IN ANY WAY. This book is a WORK OF FICTION AND IS MEANT TO STAY THAT WAY. Now that that's out of the way😅, I hope you all enjoy the story.

     "So how have things been Jace," Mrs.Conwell asks me. She sits across from me, her notepad and pen in her hand. I smile at her. "Fine. I got a job."
Her eyebrows raise in surprise. "Really? What do you do?"
"I'm a waiter at a small diner." She nods in acknowledgement. She writes something down and looks back up at me. "What made you want to get a job?" I shrug.
"I just wanted to do something over the summer. And it wouldn't hurt to have some money. Plus, it would be boring if I just stayed at home all day while Caleb is at work." She stares at me for a second and I almost feel self-conscious under her gaze. I have to remind myself that this is Mrs.Conwell and that she wouldn't do anything to hurt me.
"Does this have anything to do with you feeling useless around the house. I know that you told me that those feelings stopped awhile ago, but as your therapist, it's my job to continuously check up on you." I quickly shake my head. "Not at all," I tell her. She sighs and smiles. "Good."
After the session, I catch the bus home. After we moved into our new house, Caleb has been working a little longer. I know that paying the bills by himself is hard and that's one of the reasons that I decided to get a job in the first place.
When I first told Caleb that I wanted to start working, he strongly opposed. He said that he didn't want me to have to worry about a job yet and wanted me to enjoy my life as a teenager. I guess he eventually saw that I was still going to work no matter what he said so I guess he just relented. I know that I told Mrs.Conwell that this has nothing to do with me feeling useless around the house, but my decision to get a job has nothing to do with that. I just want to help Caleb.
When I get home, Caleb isn't there yet so I get started on dinner. He won't be back until 11 and he leaves when the sun practically rises. He works for some construction company and spends so much of his time working that he barely eats. So I want him to get something on his stomach.
Summer break started a week ago and I start work tomorrow at 9. As I'm cooking, my phone goes off in my pocket and I quickly answer it, putting it on speaker. "Hello," I say.
"Jace!" A voice yells so loud that my phone almost falls off the counter. "Did you miss me," Ali asks. I roll my eyes. It seems that my friend only has 2 volumes. Loud and VERY loud. "Yes Ali, I miss you very much."
"You don't sound like it," she says and I can see her pout from over here. "Stop pouting," I say. "How the fuck did you know?" I chuckle.
We continue our conversation, Ali telling me about Virginia. She left yesterday to go visit some family and she'll be there all summer. I'll admit that when Ali first told me, I was sad to hear that she would be leaving me. We were on the verge of tears when she left and my made me promise her that I would call every week. By the time Ali hangs up, I'm finished cooking dinner. I carefully pour the chicken Alfredo onto a plate and set that in the microwave for Caleb. I make myself a plate before sitting on the couch in the living room.
When Caleb isn't here, the house is so quiet that it's almost creepy. I can hear practically every noise and it always makes me jump. I watch tv until Caleb comes home and when he does, he looks exhausted.
"Hey Caleb," I say. He smiles tiredly and says hello. I grab his plate of food while he goes to change and once he finishes, I give it to him. "How was work," I ask sitting next to him on the couch. "Fine," he replies eating. He eats like it's his last meal on earth. My heart hurts to see him like this. He works so hard to take care of me that he sometimes forgets to even take care of himself. That's why I want to get a job and help him.
Once Caleb finishes eating, we talk about our day and he asks me about therapy. I tell him about how it went and he nods smiling.
A while later, I say goodnight to Caleb and go to bed.
I smile at Harry sitting on my bed and bring him into my arms. Soon I drift off to sleep but my dreams are far from peaceful.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

His arms wrap around my waist as he breaths onto my neck. He places kisses down my shoulder and I squirm as I try to get away from his touch. His hands grip me slowly though and I'm stuck in his arms. He turns me onto my stomach and I already know what's coming next. When he pushes into me, my voice finds me, and I finally scream.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wake up with a jerk and jump off of my bed. I touch my clothes to make sure that they're still there and when I feel the soft material, I sigh in relief.
"It was just a nightmare," I tell myself. I lay back down after making sure that Harry is next to me. Before I can fall asleep though, my phone lights up. I look at it to see that I have a message.
I hope that you haven't forgotten about me. I'll come see you soon.