Untitled Part 4

Edd recoiled from his Shadow, missing it's fist by an inch. His shadow had dark bags under it's eyes, and whenever it stood still, it's head hung down. A noose hung from his Shadow's neck. The rolled up sleeves of his hoodie revealed many deep, bloody cuts, covered in a failed attempt with tiny multicolored, bright bandages.
Edd's Shadow pushed him up against a tree, giggling and laughing maniacally. The Shadow wrapped his hands around Edd's neck. Edd kicked him off, huffing and touching the spot where it's hands had been.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" He yelled, yelping as he was kicked into the tree trunk. 
Once again the Shadow was on top of him, hands poised to strangle him. The Shadow paused to give another, even wider grin. When he spoke, his voice was distorted and layered, as if multiple people were speaking all at once.
"I'm your shadow. I'm you. I'm Dde." 
Dde? That was his Shadow's name? Wow.
Edd couldn't help but giggle. Dde gave him a pissed off look and narrowed his eyes. 
Edd used the Shadow's pause to his advantage and rolled out from under Dde, kicking him away. 
Edd yelped as Dde grabbed onto his shoe, sinking chipped and jagged nails into his leg. He waved his leg wildly, trying to get him off. 
Dde pinned Edd to the ground.
He was going to die.
"Edd!" Edd looked over, still under Dde.
"Edd, use the noose! Use the noose!" Tord's voice was faint, and Edd wondered if he'd heard him correctly. It clicked, and he punched Dde off of him. Black, gooey blood spurted from the Shadow's nose. 
Dde stood up, growling.
"You little-" He charged at Edd. Edd dodged to the side. Dde surged past him. 
Edd grabbed the end of the noose and pulled, hard. After a few seconds, Dde fell to the ground. 
Edd waited.
The shadow didn't get up.
Edd sighed with relief and trudged over to his friends.
Tom gave him a concerned look.
"If that is what you're hiding from us, we're having a talk once we get out of here."
"If you get out of here." 
All of the four turned to see Matt's Shadow, standing there, teeth bared.
"Oh shit." Matt cursed.