Untitled Part 10

Matt couldn't see anything, but he knew he was still inside the tree. The bark tentacles gripped his limbs tighter, holding the  broken limb the tightest. Matt didn't have the strength to scream anymore or fight. He lay limp as it carried him to who-know's-where. Eventually, the tentacles dumped him onto a cold, hard floor. Two tentacles gripped each of his arms and yanked him to his feet. 
A row of torches suddenly lit up one by one, spewing blue flame and giving the place he was in a cold, blue-tinted look to it. Matt took advantage of the now lit room to look it over. It was a long, wide room with wooden walls. Branches and leaves sprouted from the walls and weaved together to form a ceiling about forty feet above Matt's head. Brightly colored pyrite designs crawled all the way down the floor to a throne made of the same material. Matt tore his eyes away from the throne. He wanted to avoid looking at the person sitting upon it for as long as he could. 
The fire in the torches suddenly changed to a normal color, and the formerly-blue tinted room was now colorful. Under the pyrite on the floor was a royal red carpet. Upon finding nothing else to look at, Matt finally brought his eyes to the person resting on the throne. 
Sitting upon it leisurely, arms resting on the sides, left leg crossed over her right, was a woman. She had black hair that framed her features perfectly. An impractical-looking crown that mimicked the ceiling in design rested on her head. She wore a royal purple silken dress that pooled around her feet. Speaking of feet, she wore no shoes. 
The woman smiled at Matt. Suddenly, she was gone. Matt looked around the room. The woman was suddenly in front of him, leaning forwards and smiling. Her gums were disgustingly black, veins of the color leaking into her teeth. 
Matt leaned backwards as far as he could from her.
The woman straightened and pouted.
"Why are you leaning away from me, Mattie?" The woman's voice was doubled up, like someone had recorded her voice and played it as she spoke, then repeated the process many more times. She smiled once more and cocked her head to the side. 
"Are you afraid of dear ol' me?" 
Matt nodded. This lady was the epitome of holy-fuck-what-the-hell.
The woman straightened and let out a laugh, a sound so loud Matt's ears would probably be ringing for the next forty years. If he lived that long, that is.
"Well, you should be." The woman brought a long, black-nailed hand to Matt's face and traced his features. Matt jerked backwards as far as the branch-tentacles would allow. 
The woman laughed again and put her hand down. 
"I suppose you'd like to know who I am and why you're here. My name is Evangeline. Queen Evangeline, to you. I'm the creator and the ruler." 
Matt was afraid to ask, but he did. His tongue felt like weighted sandpaper in his mouth. 
"Creator and ruler of what, exactly?" 
Evangeline smiled her evil, wicked smile.
"Creator of the subconscious, of course." She traced the shape of his face once more, then clapped her hands together with a wicked laugh.
"Oh, we're going to have so much fun!"